News Article: Matt Murray's Father Passes Away

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
My condolences. This might be a reason why he's had a somewhat rough year, he might have known about this before hand. He should take all the time off he needs.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Lost my own father to a heart attack when I was 19 years ago. There's truly nothing worse than losing a parent. My deepest condolences to the family and Matt himself. I'm sure Matt made his father very proud.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
My dad passed away when I was 25, it's tough. Lots of emotions, I looked like I took it well but I had a lot of anger more than anything but also a lot of regret. I'm sure bottling things up didn't help.

I hope Matt takes all the time he needs. It will get easier over time but the pain never fully goes away. It's been over 6 years for me and something random will remind me of him all the time.

Seriously folks, just make more of an effort to spend time with your loved ones. I never thought "my dad was too young, he shouldn't have died", he had a lot of health problems and while it was fairly sudden when he had his stroke (he died a week after having it), it wasn't shocking either. What did hit me the most was how I wish I had spent more time with him when I could have. You get busy with your life and think you have all the time in the world but you really don't.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bruins fan here.

My thoughts are with Matt and the entire Murray family at this difficult time.

I lost my dad 2 years ago just after Christmas and am still dealing with it today. Whenever I watch sports and some amazing thing happens, I still grab the phone to call him and then stop and realize I can’t.

I hope he takes all the time he needs and comes back when he’s ready.

As don’tcryformejanhrdina says, cherish every moment you have with your parents.

<3

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Very sorry to hear it, for Matt and the Murray family. :( My condolences.

Such a young guy and its gotta be devastating to lose a parent at that age. Just terrible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad