Matt Hendricks appreciation thread

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Title says it all.

This guy has brought it every night. He fights when games don't matter, he blocks every shot that comes his way. He is a fierce competitor.

I'm really hoping we can ice the Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer lines for a full year next year. Could be a great 4th line.

I hope Nelson slaps an "A" on him soon.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
They need to take Eberle's "A" and give it to Hendricks. What's Eberle's justification for being assistant captain? Starring in a ATB commercial?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
They need to take Eberle's "A" and give it to Hendricks. What's Eberle's justification for being assistant captain? Starring in a ATB commercial?

I think they should re visit the Captain and Alternates in the off season.

If they are still on the roster I'd do,

C-RNH
A-Hall
A-Hendricks/Gordon
A-Fayne

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hendricks brings the type of leadership that Ference should bring more of IMO. Hendricks is a beauty, I just hope that MacT doesn't trade him away for futures. Hendricks is a true professional as is Gordon.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
I've actually been pretty impressed with Matt Hendricks overall; he was brought into an ugly situation, and has (IMO) contributed more than I would have ever imagined for this club.

While I doubt that he'll re-sign with the Oilers, I'll be happy to have him on the 3rd/4th line until that time, so long as he maintains his current level of play.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
This thread prefix is usually only used when a player is traded; good god, don't scare me like that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wish he was a better hockey player because then he could be made captain. I appreciate his recent candid comments about how practice has changed for sure :) As well as his effort. The guy plays balls to the wall every night, I'm amazed he isn't injured more often.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Gordon as Captain, maybe Hendricks as AC.

I like Hendricks, but unlike Gordon he's not really as solid defensively and not always the best student of positional play. So giving him a letter may not be the best thing either.

I'll say as well that Gordon helps to make Hendricks look as good as he does. Not to detract, and I think they enjoy playing together but in the defensive checking line they've been assigned Hendricks needs to shore up his own end. Especially now that they got the loosehammer Klinking around everywhere out of position.

But Kudos to Hendricks effort, fire, tenacity, and for trying to teach boys how men play the game.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'd love to see Hendricks and Gordon with letters and have them removed from Hall and Eberle for at least a season. Hopefully that would send the message to them that much more is required from them.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
It's crazy we got him for Dubnyk (well not that crazy now that he's playing in a decently structured team). He's been great

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hendo's a boss. Love this guy, he reminds me a little bit of Gator. Gator lite, maybe. Like another poster said, he's a "glue" player. If he re-signs I might have to pick up a Hendricks jersey one of these days. If the team can stop eating ****, anyway. I won't spend a single penny on this organization until they do. So get it together you dinks, I want a Hendo jersey.

BadMedicine*

Hendricks helped put the bounce back in the Oilers balls,he is still needed,end of transmission.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hendo's a boss. Love this guy, he reminds me a little bit of Gator. Gator lite, maybe. Like another poster said, he's a "glue" player. If he re-signs I might have to pick up a Hendricks jersey one of these days. If the team can stop eating ****, anyway. I won't spend a single penny on this organization until they do. So get it together you dinks, I want a Hendo jersey.

Hendricks is gonna be 35 at the end of his contract. Gonna have to be careful about the type of contract you might want to give him.

He's a great 4th liner though. Probably plays a bit over his head at times with his defensive match ups on this team. Not sure he's always up to the challenge capability wise for the type of defensive play he's asked to do.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Useful player, decent but not spectacular 4th liner. Lack of offense like our whole 4th line. His toughness is appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad