Waived: Matt Hackett

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Matt Hackett waived

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 17s17 seconds ago

Derek Roy (NSH) clears wiavers. STL puts Paajarvi in waivers. BUF also puts Matt Hackett on waivers.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
why couldn't they first send him down for a conditioning stint?

They could, but I'm guessing they didn't see the point. He'd still be going on waivers at the end of it anyway, since he's not bumping Neuvirth or Enroth off the roster. Plus if he played well in his conditioning stint, who knows? Maybe a team with goalie injuries or Edmonton would take a chance on him. Right off his knee injury? I'd say it's highly unlikely anyone claims him.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
wonder what Rochester does now... i think they send him to the echl

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
You aren't allowed to claim him and send him to your own minor league club, are you?

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
That blows.

The 2 goalies Rochester has now are better than Hackett.

Someone is going to get boned.

The way Lieuwen has been playing, no. I'm a big Lieuwen fan and far from a Hackett fan and I'm ready to see what Hack can do at this point.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That blows.

I thought Leiuwan (sp) has been terrible for a stretch and struggling overall this year

As a separate thought, the AHL doesn't have the roster restrictions like the NHL does, correct? Could they keep all three goalies there for the time being? Although I can't imagine Hackett refusing to go to the ECHL because of his situation and needing to get a lot of ice time to get his game going.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I thought Leiuwan (sp) has been terrible for a stretch and struggling overall this year

As a separate thought, the AHL doesn't have the roster restrictions like the NHL does, correct? Could they keep all three goalies there for the time being? Although I can't imagine Hackett refusing to go to the ECHL because of his situation and needing to get a lot of ice time to get his game going.

Nathan Lieuwen has struggled... but he still is better and has more hope for future than Hackett..imo

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
That blows.

Lieuwen is hurt right now. The Amerks just signed a goaltender to a PTO. Plus, it may help to throw Lieuwen a few consecutive starts in Elmira to let him shake his slump--though his last start was good--and let him get his game back.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The way Lieuwen has been playing, no. I'm a big Lieuwen fan and far from a Hackett fan and I'm ready to see what Hack can do at this point.

Well..I assume you have a vested interest in the Amerks season ... so that makes sense.

timnsr72

Jul 5, 2009
Rochester NY
I'm interested to see what Hackett can do in Rochester. Haven't been a big fan of him in the past but something has to be done with this mess of a team Rochester is now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Nathan Lieuwen has struggled... but he still is better and has more hope for future than Hackett..imo

Lieuwen certainly outplayed him in Rochester last year but I don't see much of an NHL future for him. Hackett had a down year last season in Rochester with numbers well below the norm for him. Not sure what his NHL prospects are to be honest and tearing up his knee didn't help.

Not sure if either has much of a NHL future and see little at the moment to separate them

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Lieuwen won't ever be NHL material and thats just from watching what Rochester games I do watch. Hackett has shown promise at the next level. Lieuwen on the other hand hasnt shown much promise even in the AHL.

He should be out the door.

In the 2011/12 season Hackett posted a 2.37 GAA in a 12 game stint on the Wild

thats probably better than Lieuwen has ever posted at an AHL level. Still neither I dont think have bright NHL careers ahead of them but Hackett is a step ahead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad