Matt Grzelcyk wins Beanpot for BU

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Heck of a game. Grzelcyk has been known as a character guy for a long time, came up clutch tonight. Proved why he's the captain.

Definitely proud of him! Another successful Beanpot.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I have no personal stake in the Beanpot but I love watching the games every year. Happy Grzelcyk had a good game, but I ****ing hate when BC or BU win this thing. HATE IT.

I cheer so hard for Harvard and Northeastern every year, someday soon they will win one...should've been this year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That was a hell of a goal.

Bruins prospects had the magical touch in OT tonight. Ryan Fitzgerald scored the OT winner for BC in the consolation game.

I hope Grizz stays at BU for his Sr. year.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
let me know when he wins a memorial cup like a good canadian boy

good for him though

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
refs gotta put the whistles away in ot, or least make sure someone loses an arm or leg before they call one.

dah! i'm just bitter because my huskies have come so close so many times with nothing to show for it. I thought winning the beanpot was the norm when i was there and seeing them win it 3 times. Can't believe the droughts been 27 years and counting.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
refs gotta put the whistles away in ot, or least make sure someone loses an arm or leg before they call one.

dah! i'm just bitter because my huskies have come so close so many times with nothing to show for it. I thought winning the beanpot was the norm when i was there and seeing them win it 3 times. Can't believe the droughts been 27 years and counting.

Matt Benning got hosed on that one. Rough night for one Bruins prospect.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I have no personal stake in the Beanpot but I love watching the games every year. Happy Grzelcyk had a good game, but I ****ing hate when BC or BU win this thing. HATE IT.

I cheer so hard for Harvard and Northeastern every year, someday soon they will win one...should've been this year.

Agree with this.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I had a great view of the first goal wow great game from Gryz. Oddly enough I was thinking to myself why did he draft him he doesn't look as good as Warsofsky about 10 seconds before he slapped that one home. (Haven't watched very much college puck last few years but that was a great game to be at.)

Arthur*

Here's my HOT TAKE for the night

The Beanpot is the most overrated event ever. They play it up like it's some grand honor when BU literally wins every single time. Sometimes BC wins, but the other two never win and never will win. It's basically a glorified exercise in self-adulation for BU and occasionally BC. It's not even a competition.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
The amount of hate on the Bean Pot and BU in this thread is hilarious. I remember the massive uproar when it was rumoured that the Bean Pot could be moved outside of the area.

Be glad you have it and the fun that can accompany it. I'm sure a lot of places not only in the U.S. would love to have something like this yearly.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The amount of hate on the Bean Pot and BU in this thread is hilarious. I remember the massive uproar when it was rumoured that the Bean Pot could be moved outside of the area.

Be glad you have it and the fun that can accompany it. I'm sure a lot of places not only in the U.S. would love to have something like this yearly.

This 100%. No, it's not The Cup, but it's a tournament of four games where emotions are running high. We're privileged to have this happen, GUARANTEED, every year in our own back yard. For cryin' out loud, I got four games of hockey, loge seats, for the price of one seat in the highest row of the balcony versus the Habs. It doesn't get much better than that.

For what it's worth, I thought BU played better in general, so congrats to them. I don't have a dog in this fight, but as a Bulldog, I do have an anti-dog - seeing Harvard go down made me smile.

The parity you're used to in the NHL will never happen at the college level, so for better or worse, it's gonna be BU, BU, BU, BC, BU, BU.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It was huge that for the first time the Beanpot was seen in Canada live. That will only help increase awareness of US college hockey there.

11004350_10205276428442952_61352645_n.jpg

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Its a great event.

Was wondering if nepotism led to the picks of 2 of our prospects and then seconds later Grizz unleases one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Benning looked like he'll be a nice college player for the next 2 seasons and looked to have good size but he'll have no offense at the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad