Injury Report: Matt Greene to LTIR

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Back surgery put Kings defenseman Matt Greene out for almost all of last season, and now he is expected to miss a significant period of time with an unrelated issue, an upper-body injury.

The Kings were preparing paperwork on Wednesday to put Greene on long-term injured reserve, General Manager Dean Lombardi said in an interview. That mechanism is designed to give the team salary cap relief and opens up a roster spot.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285#axzz2kZ9ZMxv2

@MayorNHL
Expect several roster moves from #LAKings today/tmrw... they were already at 23-man roster limit w/ Carter on IR. Need to fit 2 call-ups in.

"@OzOlvera: Which Manch dman gets the call up? Can't go with 6 D much longer. #lakings" Would expect Schultz or @hali_bods (Bodnarchuk) to get the call.

Last edited:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Missing major parts of two straight seasons, gotta wonder if we seriously start questioning if we re-sign him or not

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Surprised Carter hasn't been placed on LTIR, he's not currently with the team and it will have been 10 games since his injury before we're back in LA.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Bod's will probably get the call up, and he deserves it.

He is probably Manchester's best Defender.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
We could possibly have 3 or 4 players who could be out for a long time. The only one that concerns me is the possible long term injury to Quick.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I would Still resign Greene, not going to find another D guy like him (none in the system ether).

The injuries drive down his contract demands, also when healty he is a damn fine number 5/6.

His injuries are not chronic, they have been unlucky one's like J-Dub.

KingKopitar11*

I said it before, what i've gotten was that it's a torn muscle underneath his right under arm. Don't know exactly, but that's what I've gotten from watching him.

IMO.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I said it before, what i've gotten was that it's a torn muscle underneath his right under arm. Don't know exactly, but that's what I've gotten from watching him.

IMO.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. He tend to use that arm to knock guys down, almost like his signature way of taking guys out.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Well at this point putting Ellerby on waivers to make room for Toffoli and Vey seems to be about the dumbest move DL's made since the Cloutier debacle... And yeah I'm 100% serious on that comment.

Had to figure one of Mitchell, Regehr or Greene would need a day off at some point and now THIS. Just mind-bogglingly bad roster management.

Oh I should specify; in hindsight.

Last edited:

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Well at this point putting Ellerby on waivers to make room for Toffoli and Vey seems to be about the dumbest move DL's made since the Cloutier debacle... And yeah I'm 100% serious on that comment.

Had to figure one of Mitchell, Regehr or Greene would need a day off at some point and now THIS. Just mind-bogglingly bad roster management.

Yea I didn't like the move at the time and really don't now. I'd much rather have Ellerby in than Schultz.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

How many teams regularly carry 8D?
We were kind of forced into making a move just to get down to the 7D that is normal. It's not like he cut the team to 6D.
With the cap going down it has made making any trades much harder because most teams need to go dollar for dollar or close to it. And the move to 7D was going to come sooner or later. You plan for a player missing a day maybe a week not them going on to LTIR. Having 8D was eating very valuable cap space.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

In order for it to be a bad move, Ellerby would have to be a useful player, which he isn't.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Having Martinez and Muzzin in the lineup is fine, as long as they're managed properly. Now if Mitchell goes down, THEN we have problems.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Greene has been seen by one of Kerlan - Jobe's DR so it can be anything from his back to his knee/ankles unless they saw him and passed him along.

Could be bad news but nothing solid yet.

Well, hoping for good news but being on LTIR isn't good, that's a good chunk of time and leaves the Kings a bit slim on D.
Unless they know something about Greene's injury already and are shopping around to trade for a D.

Thanks for the update ,TG

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
How many teams regularly carry 8D?
We were kind of forced into making a move just to get down to the 7D that is normal. It's not like he cut the team to 6D.
With the cap going down it has made making any trades much harder because most teams need to go dollar for dollar or close to it. And the move to 7D was going to come sooner or later. You plan for a player missing a day maybe a week not them going on to LTIR. Having 8D was eating very valuable cap space.

With the uncertainty involving Mitchell and his knee, and Greene and Martinez missing as much time as they did last year? The absolute right call was to carry 8 d for as long as they could. Carter going on ir didn't force anything to be done at all.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Poor Greene. 2nd year in a row on LTIR. It's gotta be so frustrating

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad