Injury Report: Matt Frattin - Says he will play against Pittsburgh.

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

driver3000

Dec 17, 2011
Niagara
Lets hope Frattin doesn't miss a step. Him and Kadri were magic before the injury, although it seems like anyone who plays with Kadri is.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
They will probably move Maclement to centre Orr and Macleren, and Komarov with Grabo. Steckel likely sits.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hope we see the same frattin. Also komarov with grabo and kulemin worked well before so that might also ignite their line.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
I'm curious to see how Clark Macarthur continues to produce with Frattin on the line.. Could be the line that wins us the game for sure.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone know the official lines for tonight?

Somewhere along the likes of

JvR Bozak Kessel
Komarov Grabovski Kulemin
MacArthur Kadri Frattin
Mclaren McClement Orr

the D is kind of a mysterious merry go round of

Phaneuf (insert someone) Holzer probably?
(insert someone) (insert someone) probably Kostka Gunnarson
Franson Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens

NIKO G

TWITTER: @NJG_ITA
Jul 17, 2009
Probly, I don't see how it makes sense for Grabovski's line to be getting 2nd line minutes when they have played horrible. They need to get demoted and Kadri's line needs to be the 2ND line, maybe it will spark Grabovski's line. Plus i don't feel to good about Grabovski's line playing against Crosby and Malkin if there still considered or "checking line" cause grabovski and a checking line dont go together

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
Probly, I don't see how it makes sense for Grabovski's line to be getting 2nd line minutes when they have played horrible. They need to get demoted and Kadri's line needs to be the 2ND line, maybe it will spark Grabovski's line. Plus i don't feel to good about Grabovski's line playing against Crosby and Malkin if there still considered or "checking line" cause grabovski and a checking line dont go together

The 2nd line is a shut down line. Kadri's line is offensive, Grabo's has been the opposite.

Think of it like having a 2A line for defence (Grabo) and a 2B for offence (Kadri) if that helps.

That's why McClement often plays with Grabovski, because he's more d first

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Matt Frattin was very quietly reinserted in the line-up last night playing 13:23 TOI only ahead of Leo Komarov, Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren and far behind linemates Nazem Kadri and Clarke MacArthur who recorded over 17mins over the course of the 65 minute game.

Despite the limited minutes, he managed to record 1A 2hits +1 and in the little I noticed him, he looked pretty good.

What did you guys think of his return?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Matt Frattin was very quietly reinserted in the line-up last night playing 13:23 TOI only ahead of Leo Komarov, Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren and far behind linemates Nazem Kadri and Clarke MacArthur who recorded over 17mins over the course of the 65 minute game.

Despite the limited minutes, he managed to record 1A 2hits +1 and in the little I noticed him, he looked pretty good.

What did you guys think of his return?

He looked like he just came from injury, you could see he was just slightly off.

Not a bad thing though, he made some great plays, just needs to get back into game form and I'm sure he will within a game or two.

That line will be lethal in the upcoming weeks.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
He looked like he just came from injury, you could see he was just slightly off.

Not a bad thing though, he made some great plays, just needs to get back into game form and I'm sure he will within a game or two.

That line will be lethal in the upcoming weeks.

I literally can't wait to ice a healthy line-up.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Enforcer

That is one DEEP line-up and I love how every player actually serves a purpose!

LeafsJaysRaptors

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
I literally can't wait to ice a healthy line-up.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Enforcer

That is one DEEP line-up and I love how every player actually serves a purpose!

Yeah it looks like a fantastic lineup.. only concern is JVR and how his production may suffer playing on the shut-down line.. I'd rather switch JVR and MacArthur, despite MacArthur's chemistry with Kadri.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Yeah it looks like a fantastic lineup.. only concern is JVR and how his production may suffer playing on the shut-down line.. I'd rather switch JVR and MacArthur, despite MacArthur's chemistry with Kadri.

Personally I care less about individual stats and more about whether the team wins or not. If JVR does not contribute on that line how good is he really? I have more faith in him than that.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London

JvR would be good on any of the three lines. TBH I see Mac going to the Grabo line and Lupul easing back into play with the Kadri line. His style of play would mesh very nicely with Kadri and Frattin.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Actually, I thought JVR really got his start (as in producing) this year on the Grabovski line.

He was 1st. star, and Kulemin 2nd.

His two-way play would fit in nicely with Kuli as well. Maybe if Kuli and JVR get some chemsitry it will be easier to transition Grabo out as center and put in someone else, maybe like Kadri :naughty:.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I was pleased with Frattin's first game back from his knee issues. Thought his timing was a little off but that'll come as he gets more games in so I'm not worried.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I was pleased with Frattin's first game back from his knee issues. Thought his timing was a little off but that'll come as he gets more games in so I'm not worried.

I think it was his timing, looked to be chasing quite a bit, which is interpreting where the play is going, rather than anticipating it.

Give him a couple games and hopefully we'll see his touch back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad