Waived: Matt Ellis (CLEARS)

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wouldn't shock me if he got claimed. Wouldn't shock me if he got laughed to Rochester as in "why would he ever be with a big club?"

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Someone claim him so this scrub never plays another game for the Sabres. Yeah he had effort, too bad he was so terrible his effort didnt matter. He isnt even a good 13th forward.You know if he clears Lindy will call him up at the soonest possible moment.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Someone claim him so this scrub never plays another game for the Sabres. Yeah he had effort, too bad he was so terrible his effort didnt matter. He isnt even a good 13th forward.

this totally.

could not have said it better myself.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Someone claim him so this scrub never plays another game for the Sabres. Yeah he had effort, too bad he was so terrible his effort didnt matter. He isnt even a good 13th forward.You know if he clears Lindy will call him up at the soonest possible moment.

He's a good 14th forward though.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

He isn't our 13th forward... the Sabres had several injuries leading to him being used as our 13th forward while guys like Leino, McCormick, and Gerbe dealt with injuries. Let him help the Amerks. :shakehead

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Matt Ellis did his job well when he was here. What the **** did you expect him to do?

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Matt Ellis did his job well when he was here. What the **** did you expect him to do?

Have something to show for looking like a guy who is giving it all he's got.

Nice guy but no NHL talent. Wish him well and hope he gets claimed by somone.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
PLeeeeeeeeeeeeease someone pick him up......PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

this totally.

could not have said it better myself.

This foolishly presupposes that Ruff won't find, and play, someone as equally useless as Ellis.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
No problem with him in Rochester, and an occasional plug in Buffalo. Quality guy.

Ellis is a great mentor for the prospects.

Derek Whitmore‏@dwhitmore21
probably one of the best teammates i have ever had! True mentor of mine!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ellis' workethic and professionalism are what had him in the show. That sort of role model isn't a bad thing to have on the farm.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
You guys are acting like we've never placed Ellis on waivers before.

He has a great work ethic and gives it his all every shift, something that should rub off on others too but those were the only things keeping him on our roster. He's not NHL-caliber in talent. We all know that.

I like him as a person (although I've never met him) but this was the right move and I'm glad it was made. We had him in the minors a couple seasons ago and he did well down there for the prospects. He can be a productive player down there and will help Rochester out, so I hope he clears.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
I don't get why people always want to grind that ax on players. He'd behelpful in Rochester, but you don't like him so by all means, let's just get rid of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad