Matt Dumba Sucks!

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I was hoping he would look like maybe 70% the player he was years ago but at this point I’ll settle for half

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Age and the speed of the NHL increasing has caught up to Dumba. There was a play last night that lead to a goal, forgot who but they blew right by Dumba, it was obvious. Dumba is slow to the puck in the corners too, means he has to make decisions with pressure. At the blue line on the rush, he can't stand guys up for fear of them blowing by him.

I am not sure he is even a 3/4D now. It happens as players get older and the game gets faster.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He is 29.
I would not blame it entirely on his age. Carcone is 2 years younger.
I know, it seems like he shouldn't be slowing down. OEL was the same way, seems like he slowed down earlier age wise than most. Dumba's foot speed is behind.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Yeah, well. I'm not gonna say he's been great but he's a body, which is what we needed. You wanna call up more from Tucson or make a Hanifin trade? Had like 3 Dmen out and we won with those guys out and him in the lineup still.

Edit: I get the criticism to be clear, but it's like, bench him and take a look around who else you got? We're already going with 7 D a lot of nights. You want Soda up here just to bench Dumba? I thought Kerfoot was a poor fit and it seems he's found his groove in the lineup finally.

Last edited:

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
At least he's sucking on a team doing pretty well that no one watches.

Come trade deadline there should be a couple teams interested in Dumba....

Dallas announcers said they need a right shot dman so Heiskanen can play on his natural left side. Dumba might be a good fit (unless they hold a grudge about his hit on Pavelski); and, the team colors might be a bit more familiar than the Coyotes colors....

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
The older I get the more lenient I’ve become on players in general. You don’t know what people are dealing with injury or personal wise. That said, plenty of season left for him to acclimate in his first year. It would be nice if it came quicker, but he was never a long term solution either. Any more young dman available like Durzi? Have lots of drafts picks we can move.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder if playing him less might make him more marketable for trade deadline?? Lots of teams need depth for playoffs

Reactions: Kaizen

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I alerted the Wild board to this thread, and got a couple replies to the effect that he was still a serviceable third pairing guy. But this is a team that has had to ice Alex Goligoski this season.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I alerted the Wild board to this thread, and got a couple replies to the effect that he was still a serviceable third pairing guy. But this is a team that has had to ice Alex Goligoski this season.
That guy sucks too, and this is after I spent his first 3 1/2 seasons defending him. Never again will I allow myself to be Goligoski'd. :laugh:

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

August and talk in the other thread with people saying he was the piece to help make a playoff push seems like yesterday. Re-reading that thread was fun.

@LosPollosHermanos saw it coming.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208_230548_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231208_230548_Samsung Internet.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 6

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Apparently, the coaching staff disagrees. Dumba leads the team in ice time.

1705074904765.png

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
2 steps forward. 1 step back. He started the season about 30 steps behind expectations. He has flashed a few games were you were hopeful. At this point I would prefer if we trade him at deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad