Matt Duchene

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
McGinn was certainly not useless next to Dutchy and complimented that ROR-Dutchy duo very nicely. Comeau would be a similarly nice fit with Rantanen playing the part of ROR.

That's what I mean. McGinn is the passenger on that line. He worked well with them because ROR is the complementary player that Duchene works with. Had that been Iginla instead of ROR, its the same crap we'd be seeing now.

What makes Dutchy work best is the ROR-Duchene combo. Its not that Duchene-Mcginn has all the chemistry and ROR just compliments.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't particularly think they really worked well together.

I'mma have to disagree with you there in a big way. McGinn was a very nice compliment to that line when he played with Dutchy.

That's what I mean. McGinn is the passenger on that line. He worked well with them because ROR is the complementary player that Duchene works with. Had that been Iginla instead of ROR, its the same crap we'd be seeing now.

McGinn wasn't just a passenger on that line. He made a lot of space for that duo, helped them do a great job of winning the puck back, and was a threat to cash in if teams focused too much on 90-9. With Rantanen being the ROR of the line; Comeau would fit very nicely as the McGinn. I agree that Comeau and Iggy was a bad fit, but that was because Iggy's a bad fit for Duchene, not Comeau.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I'mma have to disagree with you there in a big way. McGinn was a very nice compliment to that line when he played with Dutchy.

McGinn wasn't just a passenger on that line. He made a lot of space for that duo, helped them do a great job of winning the puck back, and was a threat to chip in. With Rantanen being the ROR of the line; Comeau would fit very nicely as the McGinn.

McGinn, Comeau, even Iginla would be a good compliment to that line.

What I'm saying, is that its the initial Duchene-ROR mix that makes Duchene click. Not McGinn. McGinn is a pure shooter/forechecker. Hes not a puck carrier. Doesn't deke. Isnt really a passer. McGinn is the energy and finish on that line.

For Duchene to have any success, he needs another player on his line that can cause "creative chaos."

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Matt definitely is helped by playing with a more skilled partner, but he's also helped by that simple type of forechecker who you said was useless to him. That was what I disagreed with. He needs that skilled partner in crime; i.e. why I wanted Rantanen to replace Iggy; but he most certainly also benefits from that type of pure energy guy that Comeau and McGinn have been for him.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I like Soderberg with Duchene on the PP, maybe they'd a combo they could try down the line. I'm actually good with the lines now. It's not perfect but where we are now it's fine.

I think Soda and Duchene could work well too, but the issue is apparently Soda cant play wing at all.

OlWpgJet

Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
I've had Duchene in a draft since he was drafted. I thought a couple years ago ,this kid was just a shade away of becoming an elite player in this league. Last year was a bit of an off year, no big deal and I know it is early this year but where did this guys offence go ? Finding the right linemates is possibly part of it but wondering what is going on ? Between Duchene and MacKinnon, they should be the offensive leaders on this team I would think. Duchene isn't the only one , Kopitar in L A, very similar offensive drop off the map. Getslaf having a pretty hard start in Anaheim too. Hopefully , they all get rolling, just wondering what others think, is this a blip at start of season or a legitimate offensive concern going ahead ?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He is saddled with Iginla and overall isn't making smart decisions when he's in scoring situations. I think he'll get out of his funk and soon hopefully.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's probably a 65-75 point forward. You should know he's maintained his 20ish goals even through last year. The offense has to clicking for him to get his assists. So it just depends what you expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad