Value of: Matt Duchene to the habs

mhstudios

May 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I love this guy with the way he plays, we are in need of a top 6 forward and I would love to add him to the habs.

I wouldn't do this trade until after training camp. With the way Mikhail Sergachyov has looked in development camp, he has the skills to be in the NHL, but if he isn't ready, I wouldn't do this deal until he is ready, so here is my offer:

To Montreal

Matt Duchene

To Colorado

Tomas Plekenec
Nathan Beaulieu

thoughts?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Montreal adds the incentive for Colorado to do this trade. In other words... well... yeah. No.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Of all the ridiculous lateral Plekanec proposals... I'm okay with this one. I mean it's not quite there but workable.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Workable for who?

I don't understand your question, which makes me think that you don't understand my comment.

I mean, there would need to more incentive than just Beaulieu to make it work for Colorado because Duchesne is a much younger player than Plekanec. That doesn't mean it cannot be done, it just needs work... it's "workable".

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I don't understand your question, which makes me think that you don't understand my comment.

I mean, there would need to more incentive than just Beaulieu to make it work for Colorado because Duchesne is a much younger player than Plekanec. That doesn't mean it cannot be done, it just needs work... it's "workable".

Needs a lot of work. Such as a better center piece. If the best player coming back is an older center in Plekanec then the Avs don't bother listening to the rest of the proposal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As much as I'd love Duchene with the Habs, I'm afraid of what it would take to trade for him. I don't think we would part with what they'd ask and we have an interesting prospect pool, but doubt Avs would give up Duchene for players a year or two or three away from making an impact.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
I love this guy with the way he plays, we are in need of a top 6 forward and I would love to add him to the habs.

I wouldn't do this trade until after training camp. With the way Mikhail Sergachyov has looked in development camp, he has the skills to be in the NHL, but if he isn't ready, I wouldn't do this deal until he is ready, so here is my offer:

To Montreal

Matt Duchene

To Colorado

Tomas Plekenec
Nathan Beaulieu

thoughts?

Wow, that's just horrid. You need to add a 6th and Halak

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Sergachev ++ or Galchenyuk + would be needed.

plekanec + isnt even close. not a huge market for 34 year old 50ish pt centers making 6 mil

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Avs loved Sergachev, I imagine it starts with him and goes from there.

That is why as enticing as Duchene in Montreal is, I'm afraid the players we'd probably have to give up in the trade are not players I'd be willing to give. Sergachev is probably the ONLY prospect I'd consider untouchable.

I am a big fan of prospects like McCarron, Scherbak, and Hudon, as well as fresh NHLers Andrighetto and Carr, but I'd be willing to part with one of those before I give up Sergachev.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ryder, Halak and a 2nd.

Personally I don't think Montreal needs to make anymore moves this offseason. They've done enough to go into the season confident they're a contender with Carey Price healthy. I especially don't want to trade Galchenyuk or Sergachev, even if you're getting a player like Duchene back. Also, I can't imagine why Colorado would want to move him. He's so versatile and dynamic.

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
That is why as enticing as Duchene in Montreal is, I'm afraid the players we'd probably have to give up in the trade are not players I'd be willing to give. Sergachev is probably the ONLY prospect I'd consider untouchable.

I am a big fan of prospects like McCarron, Scherbak, and Hudon, as well as fresh NHLers Andrighetto and Carr, but I'd be willing to part with one of those before I give up Sergachev.

Of course you would lol, none of those pieces have any discernible value in a trade for a player like Duchene

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If Pleks was 6+ years younger, this might be a solid basis for a deal. As-is, it doesn't even get the talks started.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster

I can see why you wouldn't but that's exactly what it's gonna take to get the Congo started. If not lock it up cause it's just not worth a fan base bash

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can see why you wouldn't but that's exactly what it's gonna take to get the Congo started. If not lock it up cause it's just not worth a fan base bash

I'm not making proposals. I actually said earlier in the thread that as much as I'd love Duchene in Montreal, I don't see how Habs would give what Avs would be asking for.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00