Value of: Matt Duchene to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It was reported from one of our local writers yesterday that the ask from Colorado was at least a young top d-man prospect and that currently no team is willing to meet that price including Ottawa, perhaps closer to trade deadline some team will, but I can almost guarantee it will not be Ottawa.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I still don't see the point.

Turris, Stone, Hoffman with Ryan and Brassard expected to rebound (and they need to because of salary). Then Smith/Dzingel/MacArthur as the possible 6th when healthy. That's some expensive forwards that Ottawa would have some difficulty budgeting even more money for forwards. Some will be getting big raises. Plus, White and Brown are two very good prospects who hope to challenge for top-6 spots in the near future and Ottawa always needs the benefit of low ELC salaries for players who start performing before they cash in.

Even then, Duchene still doesn't represent much of an upgrade over most of these guys when they're producing normally (ie: Brassard, Ryan).

Ottawa could always use an elite offensive player to lead the offense (ie; regular top-15 scorer).
They could certainly use improved depth.
They should be looking for a long term answer in goal.

This deal achieves none of that and generally weakens the possibly that they could acquire anything on the list above.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not this again... 3 in a row that go no where.

Chabot + for Duchene

Ottawa is not trading Chabot

/Thread

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Cody Ceci + Logan Brown + 2017 1st round pick

for

Matt Duchene

Not enough? Too much? Give me your opinions.

Personally, I am not interested in that deal. First Ceci has more value than HF is saying. I don't think I would be ready to sacrifice Brown (11th OA last year and has HUGE potential) and a 1st (Sens could easily end up with another prospect like White or Chabot) to offset the difference in value between Ceci and Duchene, again despite HF opinions.

It's actually funny to read Sens rivals fans say "not enough"

Hmm weird sense of déjà vu. I suggest you read some of the last thread on this.

The value in a vacuum isn't that bad, but in the real world the Avs are looking for a LHD as they already have EJ and Barrie on the right side. Ceci is a good young player, not trying to bring him down, but if the Avs move a major piece on Duchene it needs to be for their biggest need, a young Lhd with #1 potential and pluses depending on how likely that potential is.

An example from Ottawa is Chabot, which Avs fans understand is a no from Ottawa as they are likely to lose a defenseman in the expansion draft and therefore are gonna need to keep their young #1 potential lhd. However this brings us to a stalemate. The Avs are not in a rush to move their players and can wait for the package they want. So no trade will happen.

Let's just sticky this post to every Colorado-Ottawa thread :laugh:

And we could also mention that if Ottawa acquires a Center, another Center has to be going the other way : Turris or Brassard depending how good that center is.

Chabot is one the best dmen prospects not in the NHL, nobody's going to give him, or any prospect of his caliber up for Matt Duchene.

Well, they would if :

- there was no expansion draft where the set up makes it likely hat you are going to lose a good D-man

- they have no depth at center (Sens have Turris, Brassard, Smith, Pageau, Paul, White, Brown, Chlapik)

- the hottest commodity in the NHL wasn't young D-men

As a sens fan I dont want them to make that trade either.

Counter

To Anaheim: Brassard, White

To Ottawa: Duchene

To Colorado: Vatanen, Lazar, Anaheim 2nd.

Vatanen + 2nd is worth Brassard + White? :amazed:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We arent good trading partners,this much both fanbase,s can agree on .No more player bashing is needed from either side:nod:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not this again... 3 in a row that go no where.

Chabot + for Duchene

Ottawa is not trading Chabot

/Thread

This. :handclap:

How many times are people goign to resurrect this stuff? We finally have a legit blue chipper for defense, we aren't giving him up for a slight upgrade in our top 6.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
It was reported from one of our local writers yesterday that the ask from Colorado was at least a young top d-man prospect and that currently no team is willing to meet that price including Ottawa, perhaps closer to trade deadline some team will, but I can almost guarantee it will not be Ottawa.

They can have their pick of Englund and Harpur ;)

I'm sure Ottawa is interested in those two Colorado players, but not until the draft. They are not trading away any top 4 defensemen in their current position. Colorado would probably be better off waiting until the draft too - when there are going to be plenty more teams in a position to make an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad