Confirmed with Link: Matt Duchene signs with Dallas (1-year, $3m)

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
This Dallas team will by far be the best team Duchene has been on.

Hes only made the 2nd round once in his career in that magic/fluky playoff run by Columbus a few years ago when they shocked Tampa.

After being cut he will have a chip on his shoulder plus a shot at the Cup, think he will be highly motivated.

Really excited about the season he could have.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
This Dallas team will by far be the best team Duchene has been on.

Hes only made the 2nd round once in his career in that magic/fluky playoff run by Columbus a few years ago when they shocked Tampa.

After being cut he will have a chip on his shoulder plus a shot at the Cup, think he will be highly motivated.

Really excited about the season he could have.

He took this deal to set himself up nicely on his next one so you can basically guarantee he’ll play his ass off to make sure he secures the bag next off-season. It’s a great signing for us.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I've listened to all his interviews and he sounds mature than anyone already here except Pavelski :laugh:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I've listened to all his interviews and he sounds mature than anyone already here except Pavelski :laugh:
finally got to listen to the ticket interview..

interesting how he referenced dan hamuis and their family relationship when looking into details of living in the area. we so often downplay the human element on decisions and performance.

Reactions: LT and redbeardtx

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah, Hamhuis is one of those guys that I totally forgot existed. Here for the Ruff implosion and the year of Hitch Hockey. I wouldn't be surprised if Duchene talked to Hamhuis before signing also.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The only answer is to engage in cap circumvention. Would he like to add a Moxies or Sandman Hotel to his retirement portfolio?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Good listen. Servalli ended the episode by asking if he would come back to Dallas and I was surprised how open Duchene was with his answer.

Yeah that was a great interview by Dutch

Feel lucky to have Nill as Dallas GM

Reactions: LT

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not me. Pavelski is fine signing one year deals. Duchene is going to get offered a long-term deal with trade protection, and I want no part of it.

Depends on the deal, but like 3/4x4-5M seems better to keep Duchene. If Pavelski wants to stay around, he can start taking league minimum deals hes been sucking enough cash out of the team.

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad