Confirmed with Link: Matt Duchene signs with Dallas (1-year, $3m)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is crazy that this actually happened. Deep down I was hoping Duchene would wanna stay down south and take a sweet deal for us to get him, but man I never thought it'd actually happen.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
My guess is a few guys have decided to take one year deals now and look at free agency again next year when the cap goes up a bit.

Especially for Duchene this makes alot of sense. He's still getting his money from the Preds. No need to go for maximum value right away again.

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
Love it; just hope the rumors of him being washed as a center and bringing a loser culture with him are made up. I know Colorado detested him and it seems Nashville got worse with him. Hopefully that was just because he was supposed to be a leader? and now he isn't.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Love it; just hope the rumors of him being washed as a center and bringing a loser culture with him are made up. I know Colorado detested him and it seems Nashville got worse with him. Hopefully that was just because he was supposed to be a leader? and now he isn't.

People have been saying similar things about Domi . It's one year at a very low pricetag. Can easily be moved again if he doesn't work out

Reactions: Kiorei

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Sounds like he's best on wing. I imagine him and Seguin will be swapping RW/C spots a lot this year. At least he adds some speed to that line.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
This should push Marchment to the fourth line. Maybe something like:

Robo-Hintz-Pavs
Benn-Johnston-Daddy
Duchene-Seguin-Dellandrea
Marchment-Faksa-Smith
Steel

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Not a fan of clogging up the roster with depth pieces but kudos for moving swiftly and being adaptable when someone of Duchene's difference-making skill becomes unexpectedly available. Never thought in a million years he'd be open to a prove-it deal like this. And he gets to shove it right back in Nashville's face.

Reactions: redbeardtx

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I Like it. Just wish i understood the reasoning behind tying up more money to forwards when the D-core is such a shit show

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I Like it. Just wish i understood the reasoning behind tying up more money to forwards when the D-core is such a shit show

Well look at the available options in Free Agency and what some of them are getting paid ( too much look at Holl and Luke Schenn ) . Any real improvement on defense has to come with money moving out and a trade .

Orlov despite beeing the best option out there on the market was not worth almost Miro money

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

If you can get a forward with that kind of ability for cheap (both on AAV and term), you do it, and figure out the rest later.

Reactions: Sports2 and piqued

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I think the Preds made a mistake buying him out-especially since they don't seem to be committed to rebuilding- and I think Duchene has matured since the events that gave him his bad attitude reputation.

In Nashville (especially the last couple years) he always played hard, showed an optimistic outlook, etc. I'm not really sure why Trotz felt he had to go so badly.

Reactions: Sports2

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
it’s going to be weird seeing Duchene in green. We’ve seen him on the opposite side of the ice for a lot of games (he’s scored 18 goals in those games against us). Plus I’m a CBJ fan and I never got over how weird it was seeing him play there either.

Reactions: Kcb12345

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This is looking like it's going to be easily the best contract handed out today.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Duchene would be the first #95 in Stars history if he keeps his customary number

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad