Confirmed with Link: Matt Duchene selected to All-Star Game

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Excellent. Quite the accomplishment considering how much talent is in the central. I'm sure he's gonna have a blast

Making the all stars is hardly an accomplishment anymore, isn't the new rule to have at least one player from all 30 teams unlike before where you really had to have an all star season to make it over others.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He's having the best year of any Avs player, especially considering the way he started.

The last players to score 30 goals were both Sakic and Hejduk in '06-'07 (36 and 35, respectively).

Duchene is on pace for 37 goals (which he won't hit), but I hope he ends the 30 goal scorer drought.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Making the all stars is hardly an accomplishment anymore, isn't the new rule to have at least one player from all 30 teams unlike before where you really had to have an all star season to make it over others.

i wouldn't go quite that far but every team does get a player. otherwise guy like komarov wouldn't be there.

john scott making it meant that guy like OEL didn't. haha

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Natural winner doesn't mean you're put amongst the best/greatest players. Claude Lemieux had a knack for scoring huge goals, too.

Jonathan Toews is a good player, but hell there are 10 centres I'd take above him in the league let alone 10 players.

not the biggest toews fan but he's easily in my list of top 10 centers.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
i wouldn't go quite that far but every team does get a player. otherwise guy like komarov wouldn't be there.

john scott making it meant that guy like OEL didn't. haha

Yeah exactly, so are we gonna say it's quite an accomplishment for John Scott?

All stars has become really stupid, I don't really follow it anymore

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Congrats.

He'll be reunited with his former linemate at all-star weekend.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A team can have full of players who are having a bad season and someone from that team would still be selected to an all star team, such a idiotic format. Go back to the old rules where you actually had to earn a spot.

Not saying Duchene shouldn't be selected, but we don't really know if he's actually a all star selection worthy that's why the old rules were much better, you actually knew that the player was an all star.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
A team can have full of players who are having a bad season and someone from that team would still be selected to an all star team, such a idiotic format. Go back to the old rules where you actually had to earn a spot.

Not saying Duchene shouldn't be selected, but we don't really know if he's actually a all star selection worthy that's why the old rules were much better, you actually knew that the player was an all star.

I tend to agree, even though selecting a player from each team is really better for the league.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Duchene is probably the best selection for our team, and he deserves it. But with that being said, he's really not good at 3-on-3.

I'm surprised there's no Jake Allen. And the hosting team getting three representatives is completely fine by me.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Was Barrie not a consideration?
I doubt that was the case this year. I'm a huge fan of him and have been one since the day the Avs drafted him but in this season I'm a bit disappointed. He's still racking up points (still isn't as creative as he was at times last year) but he hasn't been as good defensively as he can be. I consider him one of the best offensive dmen in the league but he's having a down year in his development imo.
He's been better of late and EJ's injury might actually help him because now he's forced to do more but he shouldn't have been in the AS game discussion this year.
Edit: And - like I said - I don't think he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad