Confirmed with Link: Matt Duchene selected to All-Star Game

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm super happy for Duchene but MacKinnon deserved it just as much. Though tough to see s get more than one rep given the forwards in our division. And Duchene has been better of the two lately.

And I called it Scott would be the only one representing Arizona.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'm super happy for Duchene but MacKinnon deserved it just as much. Though tough to see s get more than one rep given the forwards in our division. And Duchene has been better of the two lately.

And I called it Scott would be the only one representing Arizona.

I hope John Scott discovers that he has all-star skills and becomes the leagues best power forward for a few seasons...mostly because it'd be hilarious.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Nashville interestingly ends up sending 3 guys in the Central - Josi, Weber and Rinne.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That Central team is sexy. Safe for stupid Devan Dubnyk but at least Varly doesn't have to go.

I also love how Toronto's representative is Leo Komarov.

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
Yeah, but MacK deserves it more than Toews this season. Also, why in the name of all good things is Rinne an All Star this year? He hasn't been good.

Because its in Nashville, so apparently they need 3 representatives...I think MacK deserves it more than Toews, but I also think Wheeler deserves it over MacK. If it were up to me, Klingberg would be replacing Buff, and then Wheeler would be replacing Toews.

Edit: Oh, and Jake Allen for Rinne

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Copy of what I put on the main board:

My take on the Central:

Wheeler over Toews. Makes Buff redundant.
Suter over Buff, makes Dubnyk redundant.
Allen over Dubnyk.
Klingberg over Weber, Conference leader should be the one with 3 guys there.
Crawford over Rinne, keeps the champs at 2 reps, and Rinne is having an off year.

MacKinnon over Duchene, personal preference as an Avs fan, but Duchene is 5th in Central for goals, and an ASG selection would make the upcoming contract for Nate even more expensive, so not really complaining.

Sucks for Nashville to only have 1 rep at home, but they are 5th atm, and have the fewest ROW...to be expected.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Also noticed something interesting while looking over stats for this. Soderberg has the same points as Toews. Fewer goals, and worse everything else...but still thought it was funny.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Congrats to Dutchy. Would have loved to see Mackinnon devour everyone in the fastest skater but Duchene will hold his own in that too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
LOL John Klingberg didn't make the team?! Good god.

Also Jonathan Toews isn't an all-star. He's without a shadow of a doubt the most overrated player in the league. I almost threw up in my mouth yesterday hearing XM-Radio hosts Laughlin and "Boomer" Gordon say that since 2010 the NHL has been "Toews' league". Gross.

I'd say the reason Duchene is going is because of having more goals than MacKinnon. If their stats were reversed, I think we'd be seeing MacK in the all-star game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The central is freaking loaded, sans the goalies who are a little weak in my opinion. But when you can roll:

Tarasenko-Toews-Kane
Benn-Seguin-Duchene

Weber
Josi
Buff

That's filthy.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
LOL John Klingberg didn't make the team?! Good god.

Also Jonathan Toews isn't an all-star. He's without a shadow of a doubt the most overrated player in the league. I almost threw up in my mouth yesterday hearing XM-Radio hosts Laughlin and "Boomer" Gordon say that since 2010 the NHL has been "Toews' league". Gross.

I'd say the reason Duchene is going is because of having more goals than MacKinnon. If their stats were reversed, I think we'd be seeing MacK in the all-star game.

while i really hate toews's personality and attitude, and while his numbers are down this season he has still scored in the most important parts of games. i mean how many OT goals does he have this season? guys a natural winner

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
while i really hate toews's personality and attitude, and while his numbers are down this season he has still scored in the most important parts of games. i mean how many OT goals does he have this season? guys a natural winner

Natural winner doesn't mean you're put amongst the best/greatest players. Claude Lemieux had a knack for scoring huge goals, too.

Jonathan Toews is a good player, but hell there are 10 centres I'd take above him in the league let alone 10 players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad