Dreger: Matt Duchene Mega-thread:Habs, NSH, NYI, OTT inquired - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I prefer him keeping Duchene and Landeskog if it's to refuse offers that resemble the offer Washington made to get Shattenkirk.

To be fair Washington is the biggest contender in the league right now and their window won't be open too much longer. They are going all in this year and that trade I think really wasn't all that bad for them, I think it was great for them.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I love how it's turned into "we need defense" seemingly to "we need Barzal more than anything else". If it's Hamonic, Nelson, Dal Colle and a 1st, that fills a need and then some. Top four defenseman, a top six scoring forward, another potential top six scoring forward, and a middle round 1st round pick.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
I love how it's turned into "we need defense" seemingly to "we need Barzal more than anything else". If it's Hamonic, Nelson, Dal Colle and a 1st, that fills a need and then some. Top four defenseman, a top six scoring forward, another potential top six scoring forward, and a middle round 1st round pick.

Problem we have with this is we don't need quantity but quality for Duchene. No disrespect but lesser pieces would be more attractive to the Avs while getting a better defenseman than Hamonic. TSN already mention that Avs have no interest in Hamonic in a deal for Duchene.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

The issue with Hamonic will be age, as he is older than Duchene. He also happens to play RD, which means that he likely would play behind Erik Johnson and Tyson Barrie in Colorado.

One of the reasons to justify trading Duchene would be to re-set the age of its core players to something aroung 20-22. A Hamonic trade means the Avs are looking to compete for the playoffs next season, which is probably not a wise assumption.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

No Avs still need defense first and foremost. But Barzal is the most interesting piece from the Isles because you don't have the high quality young D we would want to offer.

So Barzal is the most interesting piece.

Which is why a deal with Isles does not make much sense from the start for the Avs which is the whole problem...

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

It's because if the trade doesn't fill the obvious hole we have at LD, we at least want an exciting prospect back. That trade gives us another player to protect and a right side of EJ, Hamonic, and Barrie with Zadorov as really our only hope on the left side. It isn't ideal.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
No Avs still need defense first and foremost. But Barzal is the most interesting piece from the Isles because you don't have the high quality young D we would want to offer.

So Barzal is the most interesting piece.

Which is why a deal with Isles does not make much sense from the start for the Avs which is the whole problem...

It's gonna be cute if the deal goes down without adhering to your exact specifications of "nothing except your top pieces meets the high standards I set for my 14-40-3 team".

Can only imagine the 180 you'll do on guys like Dal Colle and how you wanted him all along :laugh:

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Whatever. Isles have the best package but in fantasy land with skittles and rainbows perhaps a team will gut their entire franchise for a -19 player who cant seem to do anything right this year.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
It's gonna be cute if the deal goes down without adhering to your exact specifications of "nothing except your top pieces meets the high standards I set for my 14-40-3 team".

Can only imagine the 180 you'll do on guys like Dal Colle and how you wanted him all along :laugh:

You can quote me any time you want but I want no part of Dal Colle in any Duchene deal unless he is there as an add-on.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014

Its ridiculous. He thinks he has a clue what hes talking about but he doesnt.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I can say the same thing about Duchene, once you get to watch him on a consistent basis you'll see how good he is. :shakehead

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Again the price for Duchene, according to Bob McKenzie, is:

“If it’s three high-end pieces, we’re talking about a player that’s established in the NHL already – between 20-24 years of age – as well as a first-round pick, as well as a top prospect.

“If the young NHL player isn’t established, if it’s all prospects, then the price goes up to those four high-end pieces.”

So...Pulock+Barzal+1st+Sorokin is probably close to the asking price.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
Go big or go home.....

NYI
Duchene, M
Landeskog, G

COL
Nelson, B
Barzal, M
Pulock, R
Dal Colle, M
Hickey, T
2017 1st round pick (NYI)
2019 1st round pick (NYI)
Linus Soderstrom G

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Whatever. Isles have the best package but in fantasy land with skittles and rainbows perhaps a team will gut their entire franchise for a -19 player who cant seem to do anything right this year.

You're still ignoring every point I made on the last page. What -19 player are you referring to?

A guy drafted 5th overall 3 years ago who's running up 29 points in 53 AHL games this year? Lol there will be no 180, and there will probably be no NHL for him. He's all yours.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Glass houses, isles fans...

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
Again the price for Duchene, according to Bob McKenzie, is:

So...Pulock+Barzal+1st+Sorokin is probably close to the asking price.

If Garth offers that I'm getting out the pitchforks. That's ridiculous for a guy who would be #2C.

Has there ever been a trade where a team has offered that much for a guy who would be their #2C? Hell I'm having trouble thinking of a trade where a team has given up 3 top, top prospects. Let alone added a first to that.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I can say the same thing about Duchene, once you get to watch him on a consistent basis you'll see how good he is. :shakehead

Difference is that I want Duchene on my hockey team. Not at a ridiculous "give me every top asset in your organization I want all of them" price but at a fair price that helps the depth of the Avs while giving the Isles a strong #2 center to play behind Tavares.

I'm not consistently dismissing your team's assets and saying they don't meet my standards, because if a deal does get worked out I'd look quite foolish for not getting the "skittles and rainbows gut your team" return I was anticipating. It's one thing to aim high, it's another thing to aim high and then crap on anything and everything below it.

But hey, Oilers fans seemed to have their opinions on Griffin Reinhart change real quick before and after he was traded to them. Last week I saw an Oiler fan say they still believe Reinhart can develop into a top #3 in the NHL.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, some Isles fans making us look bad here.

Like I said before, Isles untouchables are Tavares, Leddy and Barzal. If colorado won't take a combo of the rest, then there is no match.

I'd offer Hamonic/Pulock, MDC/Ho-Sang and a 1st as the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad