Matt Duchene is going to score 40 goals this season.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Look at the Predators top-four scorers. All have 20+% shooting. It kind of makes Josi's point gains a bit suspect.
You didn’t really think Josi at this point in his career was going to score at a 2.5 ppg clip? Who would have thought!

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
gonna go PPG for the second time in his career, great year. Hopefully he can stay cinsustent

Bruh :laugh:

Happy to see Duchene having a big year, always seemed like a really positive and happy dude. His career hasn't lived up to his talent level, but there seems to be a lot of players breaking out and having their best seasons in their early 30's these past few years so maybe he's going to post some nice totals these next few seasons like Blake Wheeler did (for example).

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I liked him in Ottawa - he just joined the team at a bad time.
Don’t think he ever wanted to be in Ottawa. Bobby Ryan said on a podcast that Duchene always wanted to find a way to Nashville, just had a quick player pit stop in Ottawa along the way.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
OP's right though, Duchene is a top-10 goal scorer and nobody is talking about it. For that matter, Forsberg is top-20 in points per game as well. Throw in Josi and Saros, Nashville has some phenomenal individual seasons going on.
It'd be hilarious if they miss the playoffs despite all these great seasons.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
He's a player who I always felt should/could be elite, but never really quite was. This would be his first points per game season ever, at age 31, pretty impressive.

He's already had a PPG season in 2018-19;

58 points in 50 games.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
A small possibility exists where Colorado still loses this trade, which is mind blowing. We will see what happens with Byram's health.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
A small possibility exists where Colorado still loses this trade, which is mind blowing. We will see what happens with Byram's health.

He’s been a UFA since then. What Duchene has done since 2019 is basically irrelevant to the trade, because he would have gone to Nashville either way.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I only realized this because I managed to get him off waivers in fantasy hockey months back.

He needed a year like this, wasn't as productive as he used to be once Nashville gave him that huge contract.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Shot 8% last year. 20% this year. The player he really is is right in the middle. Awesome year for him though.

100% this! ^^^^

I don't recall seeing a team with three guys shooting around 20% at the same time this late in the season. Dutch, Johansen, and Jeannot are all at or around 20%. Crazy stat.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Bruh :laugh:

Happy to see Duchene having a big year, always seemed like a really positive and happy dude. His career hasn't lived up to his talent level, but there seems to be a lot of players breaking out and having their best seasons in their early 30's these past few years so maybe he's going to post some nice totals these next few seasons like Blake Wheeler did (for example).
Bruh My phone has a mind of its own, sue me. What’s up with all this bruh nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad