Value of: Matt Duchene as a UFA

How much should Duchene get paid per year on a 7 year deal?

• 7M to 7.5M

• 7.5M to 8M

• 8M to 8.5M

• 8.5M to 9M

• 9M+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Sounds like he wants between $8.5 million to $9 million per long term, Not saying he's worth it. But it sounds like that's what he's seeking.
Yeah Im sure hes gonna settle for less than Skinner despite being C and getting 1 year of term less. The 1 year age gap doesnt doesnt compensate. Hes as for 9.5+ as of today, that is for sure.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah Im sure hes gonna settle for less than Skinner despite being C and getting 1 year of term less. The 1 year age gap doesnt doesnt compensate. Hes as for 9.5+ as of today, that is for sure.
His contract would end at the same age as Skinner for a 7 year term.

With what stone and skinner signed for, Duchene is going to ask for something in the $9 mill per range.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Sounds like he wants between $8.5 million to $9 million per long term, Not saying he's worth it. But it sounds like that's what he's seeking.

Only way he takes less than 9M at this point is if he really wants to go to a certain team, that or it's a choice between a high taxed state vs low taxed one

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
He is getting Skinner money at minimum. He is a center and one of the best faceoff men in the league. Right there assuming points are equal put him ahead of Skinner. Ill guess 7x$10 in Columbus.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Duchene was just okay as a Jacket. I wouldn't be devastated if we resigned him but if I had my choice I don't think he's worth 9 mil/yr plus another 1st so I hope he goes elsewhere.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Duchene was just okay as a Jacket. I wouldn't be devastated if we resigned him but if I had my choice I don't think he's worth 9 mil/yr plus another 1st so I hope he goes elsewhere.

I’m coming around to this mindset as well. He was absolutely average in the regular season. I think people are blinded by his label as a “1C” and think he’s a must have (and panicking that when we lose Panarin we HAVE TO sign a big name). I won’t be heartbroken if and when he signs elsewhere. (I’d only want to splash $10M on Panarin but that ship has sailed)

Reactions: Toe Pick

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I was pretty surprised at the time of the trade that CBJ sent a conditional 2020 1st to Ottawa. Signing a pending UFA to a big cap hit is a tough decision on its own, but also having to give up an unprotected 1st puts the GM in a really tough spot as to what to do with Duchene.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad