Value of: Matt Duchene as a UFA

How much should Duchene get paid per year on a 7 year deal?

• 7M to 7.5M

• 7.5M to 8M

• 8M to 8.5M

• 8.5M to 9M

• 9M+

Results are only viewable after voting.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
His ex teammate just got 9.5mx8. Tavares got 11m last year.

He should be expected to get 9.5-10m

MacKinnon makes $6-7 million and is way better as such why should Duchenne make more? Can't base it off others. $8 million does seem about right for him.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
He's UFA. He gets alot more choice than being traded

I agree, I was half joking, he impressed me with Columbus during the playoffs and is a good player, but I have seen him way to comfortable playing mediocre hockey for large parts of his NHL career. He should be a perennial 80 point guy, but he just isn't.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Looking at his numbers the last 5 years. I am kind of surpise that it's not that high. The last five seasons, 70, 59, 55, 41, 59 points. Four out of the last five season he put up second line numbers. Somebody out there is going to pay 9 plus million. After a few years, it will be a bad contract, similar to Gomez 7 year contract with the Rangers

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
easily 9+ AAV but who knows , maybe he'll take a bit less to play somewhere that he wants to hang his hat for 7 years .

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He will get paid like a 1C, but you probably can't win the cup with him as your 1C. He'll get 9 AAV from a team without a 1C and probably be worth it to that team, but they likely won't be a team competing for the cup.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Skinner gets 8years x 9M it probably means the bidding on Duchene begins at 7years x 10M and by the end it’s probabky higher than that by a team that’s desperate enough.

Jeff Skinner’s payday is a bigger day for Duchene than it is for Skinner if those 9M x 8 year reports are true. Lunacy.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
MacKinnon makes $6-7 million and is way better as such why should Duchenne make more? Can't base it off others. $8 million does seem about right for him.
MacKinnon signed his contract before he broke out years ago. If he was to sign an extension today he'd be a 11-12 Million dollar player.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't understand people's reservations with this guy. He's an outstanding player and has only gotten better and produced more as his career has gone on. Plays centres and is one of the top faceoff men in the league. He's also solid in his own end. What am I missing? Maybe he'll get a get an extra million than he's worth, but thats the nature of July 1, besides in a year or two it will even it'sself out. Would anyone hesitate to give O'Reilly 7.5 now? I doubt it. The team that gets Duchene will probably be immediately vaulted into a legitimate cup contender
He's the center version of Kessel in a way. Hell of a player, but not somebody that you want to be "the" guy.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Skinner is a better goal scorer than Duchene but after a 70 point season as a Center, pretty sure Duchene gets a ridiculous amount of money.

Entering the UFA market, I was telling myself, Panarin, Bob, Duchene, Skinner, Karlsson, Gardiner, that is a promising year. If Skinner starts at 9m and Hayes at 7m, I am pretty sure the teams signing the abovementioned UFAs will regret it in max 3 years, I hope for them they contend next year...

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Remember, it's not only how much they should get, but how market conditions are.

Duchene is coming off a PPG season with a good playoffs, and he's one of the few viable top six center options available. Cap has gone up and so have comparable salaries.

In short, he's going to get 9-10M.

Duchene will be overpaid. Big.

I feel bad for the team that signs him.

Please don't do it Fletch

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Skinner is a better goal scorer than Duchene but after a 70 point season as a Center, pretty sure Duchene gets a ridiculous amount of money.

Entering the UFA market, I was telling myself, Panarin, Bob, Duchene, Skinner, Karlsson, Gardiner, that is a promising year. If Skinner starts at 9m and Hayes at 7m, I am pretty sure the teams signing the abovementioned UFAs will regret it in max 3 years, I hope for them they contend next year...

I'm a Philly guy and I'm already regretting this Hayes contract. He's not a $7M player. People say "well, Nelson got $6M". Yes, but that was also due to NYI circumstances. If they let Tavares, Nelson, and Eberle walk for NOTHING...big, big, big, big problems. Had to overpay at least one of them.

Hayes should be $6Mx5. Any more than that and we lost out. And we will lose out, but it could be worse I guess...?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I'm a Philly guy and I'm already regretting this Hayes contract. He's not a $7M player. People say "well, Nelson got $6M". Yes, but that was also due to NYI circumstances. If they let Tavares, Nelson, and Eberle walk for NOTHING...big, big, big, big problems. Had to overpay at least one of them.

Hayes should be $6Mx5. Any more than that and we lost out. And we will lose out, but it could be worse I guess...?
I also like Philly, I believe no team should pay for a 2C/3C and I think you may regret it :'(

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'm sticking to my 9 million or maybe a little over at 9.25. If he commands 10 or 11 not many contending teams will fork up that kind of money I don't think. And if he wants to win because he has been on losing teams almost his whole career he has to make a decisions if winning is more important than an extra million

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I hope the Habs don’t sign him for the what the market is going to be. He will be justified in asking for 10M after seeing what Skinner got. Please don’t do it MB.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I'm sticking to my 9 million or maybe a little over at 9.25. If he commands 10 or 11 not many contending teams will fork up that kind of money I don't think. And if he wants to win because he has been on losing teams almost his whole career he has to make a decisions if winning is more important than an extra million
Duchene only needs one team to offer him 10 or 10.5 mil. He doesnt doesnt me as the I want to win next type of UFA ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad