News Article: Matt Duchene, and his act of kindness.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Awful story with a great ending thanks to the efforts of many, including Duchene. That's exactly the type of guy you want representing you, your town, and your team. Well done Matt.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Read this story in the same thread on Bruins board, and clearly a 1st class guy you've got there. Very touching story, cheers Avs fans!

I saw the link they had to this story on the Bruins board is a paraphrased version from NESN. Great story either way but really deflating to see it written up that way, like the man's own words were not important. Strange.

Anyway, reiterating kudos to Matt. :)

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Landeskog is our ideal captain and will prove it in time.

Players don't need letters to prove their leadership.

The reality is that the Avs look to have at least TWO quality young people that also are good at hockey. Lucky team and fan base.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Duchene seems like a great guy so this isn't surprising. Now just send Bordeleau in to set those bullies straight.

Remember all that "trade Duchene" talk from last summer? The "time to panic about Duchene" thread? Good times.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Hey guys, hawks fan here. Just saw the story on yahoo and wanted to stop buy and say how my respect for duchene and your organization just went through the roof. Officially happy that I traded for him in my nhl 13 Be a GM haha

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just another reason to believe the Avs picks the wrong captain.

So sad. :shakehead

Sounds familiar. I have no idea why Dater has this obsession with striping Landeskog of the C. It's absolutely ridiculous and he has the most Pejorative Slured rationalization for it. He's gonna be one of the best captains in the league. Him not ripping into the team as an 19 year old publicly like Jiggy did means literally nothing.

Duchene is a great player and person. Doesn't mean they should strip the C from Landy and give it to him.

Landeskog is our ideal captain and will prove it in time.

Players don't need letters to prove their leadership.

Absolutely and anyone who cannot see that just doesn't know enough or understand enough about the game of hockey. I'm sorry but it's 1000% true.

It's like saying the Rangers made a bad choice to have Callahan as captain or the Kings with Dustin Brown. Landeskog is a born-leader and our hardest worker and a player who immediately commands respect. It was an absolute no-brainer to have him as our captain.

I'm a huge Matt Duchene fan and have been since before we picked him but this notion that he's the new head-honcho and should therefore be captain is ludicrous and poorly thought-out. Matt may very well wear an 'A' at some point but I think he'll care as much about being captain as Forsberg ever did.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO

That is the second time I have seen that video and I still cant believe how freaking amazing Duchene is.

My cousin went through something similar with her daughter. Her daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia on her brain stem at age 6. She passed away a year later. I can honestly tell you that going to that funeral was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It changes you. I think about her all the time. I still have one of her stuffed animals, a monkey which was her favorite, on the dash of my car. Watching her go through all the treatment and the steroids was so hard. She was such a passionate girl with a huge and an addicting personality. She deserved to grow up and experience more of life.

The best thing that came from it was that my cousin started a non profit called Monkey in my Chair that helps cancer patients stay in touch with their class mates while they are out getting treatment.

I completely understand how a kid like that can have a huge impact on Duchene. I am so glad he is an Av.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad