TSN Radio Matt Cauz is gone...

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Thank god Wheeler is gone, the worst guy on the radio, his insights were pedestrian and superficial, how he had a show I'll never understand!

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Cauz "cauzed" me to constantly change the station when I heard his voice... annoying as all hell. His voice just got on my nerves along with his idiotic references, plus the way he pronounced words oftentimes reminded me of Steve Simmons who I despise so I'm good with not having to hear him anymore

I didn't like it when Cauz was paired with Wheeler, listening to Wheeler's voice to me was worst. I did not mind Cauz at all when it was the Macko & Cauz show -- they were a good combo.

Who usually did the Proline Best Bets segment, was it Cauz?

apollo678

Oct 21, 2013
I liked Cauz but not Wheeler. I thought Cauz was pretty funny and entertaining though I am a wine fan.

bigfreeze

Mar 16, 2016
I was a fan of Cauz, but I thought Wheeler dragged him down. Cauz was actually good with Hogan for a few episodes.. they didn't constantly interrupt each other or argue.

Overdrive is amazing, but you guys should give Andrew Walker a chance too. He's way better than the monotone boring Scotty Mac on 1050.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I was a fan of Cauz, but I thought Wheeler dragged him down. Cauz was actually good with Hogan for a few episodes.. they didn't constantly interrupt each other or argue.

Overdrive is amazing, but you guys should give Andrew Walker a chance too. He's way better than the monotone boring Scotty Mac on 1050.

I think Scotty Mac's show is great. I really do like his analysis though.

Cauz/Wheeler not so much.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Scott MacArthur and Bryan Hayes are the stars on TSN 1050.

Patrick O'Sullivan and Jeff O'Neill are great too.

Everyone else is expendable.

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
Him and Wheeler were unbearable. I'm not sure which one of them tried to personify the 'cool guy' image, but it was cringey.

+1 to the Overdrive crew

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I liked Cauz and enjoyed his irreverent sense of humour. I stopped listening because I couldn't stand Wheelers overbearing presence. I hope Wheeler regains his health and lands somewhere. Cauz will be alright he's got a lot of people skills and wealthy parents.
I wonder if Patrick O'Sullivan is part of the replacement plan. He was, as usual, sparring with somebody who didn't like him on Twitter yesterday and said something like, "you aren't going to like the news coming this weekend then". On the radio recently I also heard him make reference kind of cryptically to being dressed up for meetings and not on camera stuff.
I like POS on the radio quite a bit but wonder if his rather volatile and aggressive style will get him in trouble.
He seems to really overreact to ctiticism on Twitter and ruthlessly attack foes.
I'd like to see him paired up with a pro like Hogan between 9-12 at least during hockey season.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Scott MacArthur and Bryan Hayes are the stars on TSN 1050.

Patrick O'Sullivan and Jeff O'Neill are great too.

Everyone else is expendable.

I can't stand O'Sullivan right now. He needs to get that "I tell it like it is, and some people just don't like the TRUTH!" garbage out of his system. Beyond that he has potential.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Hard for them to compete against Blair and Brunt who have years experience and knowledge, both are proven columnists who have connections.

Brunt is possibly the best on air personality.
Extremely versatile.

I just can't listen to The Fan anymore.

Big back Barb DiGiulio.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
For this asking about the time slot coverage:

"Naylor and Landsberg have picked up the 9-10 hour so their show runs 6-10. They get followed up by Dan Patrick from 10-11. Leafs Lunch is now on the air from 11-1. Scott MacArthur follows in his usual slot and then the afternoon drive with the Over Drive team."

6-10 for Landsberg and Naylor is going to be bad.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

"Naylor and Landsberg have picked up the 9-10 hour so their show runs 6-10. They get followed up by Dan Patrick from 10-11. Leafs Lunch is now on the air from 11-1. Scott MacArthur follows in his usual slot and then the afternoon drive with the Over Drive team."

Not bad enough for me to listen to Brady. I haven't listened to the FAN's morning show since he returned. Has he kept everybody up to date with the Detroit Tigers spring training?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

6 to 10? holy smokes.
who is Dan Patrick?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I would have done it like this

Morning show.
move Scott's show to 9-12.
Leafs Lunch 12-2

then have Hayes come on earlier from 3-4. go into over drive, 4-7.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
6 to 10? holy smokes.
who is Dan Patrick?

One of the biggest sports personalities in the states.
Hosts a segment on Sunday Night Football.
Content to production, what a lot of podcasts aspire to be.

Re ^: MacArthur just signed into that slot FT. They'd lose all credibility moving his show so soon.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I would have done it like this

Morning show.
move Scott's show to 9-12.
Leafs Lunch 12-2

then have Hayes come on earlier from 3-4. go into over drive, 4-7.

Morning show should be Cauz and Taggart. Landsbers and the other idiot suck. Landsberg claims he is a Leafs fan, but they always spin the most negative "stories". I honesly started to listen to more podcasts vs sports radio.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Landsberg is the worst. Smarmy and self satisfied . I love it when he interrupts guests by introducing himself and is greeted by awkward silence or a "so what" carry on greeting. Patrick will keep those interested up to date on NCAA coaches and of course the NFL.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
More Leafs Lunch or Hogan good for me.
I like Blair. All Jays fans should tune in, and The Fan590 afternoon guy Andrew Walker is very good. He grew on me big time. Tucker Tuesdays with Darcy and also Colby Armstrong has his own segment. They added Ben Ennis too. Good radio. Give them a listen.

Ya Walks is pretty good but he has some bad takes at times and I'm glad they brought Ennis in and he's calling him out on them consistently. Like you said, when Tucker and Armstrong are on they add some really funny but insightful comments

And Blair + Brunt are baseball gurus so thats a good listen if you're a fan

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Ya Walks is pretty good but he has some bad takes at times and I'm glad they brought Ennis in and he's calling him out on them consistently. Like you said, when Tucker and Armstrong are on they add some really funny but insightful comments

And Blair + Brunt are baseball gurus so thats a good listen if you're a fan

Can't listen to these two, because every show is just 2 mins away from Trump rants. I'm tired of American politics, I just want people to talk sports.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
Can't listen to these two, because every show is just 2 mins away from Trump rants. I'm tired of American politics, I just want people to talk sports.

Ya they definitely were pushing that after election time but they haven't brought it up recently from my listenings

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
NHL radio on Sirius has been a blessing in the morning. Both stations are brutal in the am. Sirius is obviously less leaf centric but at least it's hockey talk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad