TSN Radio Matt Cauz is gone...

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Don't like to hear about anyone losing their job...but was not a fan of this guy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
is Wheeler gone too?
I liked Cauz because he actually engaged with what i tweeted and we had some good debates. but his constant wine talk and what not was rather tedious.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
is Wheeler gone too?
I liked Cauz because he actually engaged with what i tweeted and we had some good debates. but his constant wine talk and what not was rather tedious.

According to Bruce Arthur's tweet retweeted by TSM (@TorontoSportsMedia/Mike_In_Boston), Wheeler and Zach Sommers are gone as well.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
According to Bruce Arthur's tweet retweeted by TSM (@TorontoSportsMedia/Mike_In_Boston), Wheeler and Zach Sommers are gone as well.

who is Zach Sommers? is that the producer?

hmm. they'll probably use Mike Hogan for a bit until they get a good 9-12 person.

unless they are going to extend Leafs Lunch 11-1?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Never was a fan of Landsberg

I like the Overdrive and Leafs Lunch

I have no idea what Landsbergs show is even about. They talk about everything but sports. I'm all for mental health awareness but my God, when I'm tuning into a sports station, I wanna hear about sports. I listen to 1010 for more serious talk. The only thing keeping 1050 afloat is overdrive, easily the best sports show on toronto radio. It's too bad that the FAN is so terrible or I'd tune in more than I do now...which is almost never.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I have no idea what Landsbergs show is even about. They talk about everything but sports. I'm all for mental health awareness but my God, when I'm tuning into a sports station, I wanna hear about sports. I listen to 1010 for more serious talk. The only thing keeping 1050 afloat is overdrive, easily the best sports show on toronto radio. It's too bad that the FAN is so terrible or I'd tune in more than I do now...which is almost never.

Living in Calgary when I was 8 or 9 my dad introduced me to the fan 960. It was cool because Mike Richards had some really funny stuff which made it really exciting to tune into.

But the talk is about the Flames, so I try my best to tune into Overdrive when I can. I am going to start working on April 3, so I will miss Leafs Lunch on mondays tuesdays and thursdays. But I like Petrillo. But the Overdrive has some really funny segments, and they talk about all sports which is cool!

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
who is Zach Sommers? is that the producer?

hmm. they'll probably use Mike Hogan for a bit until they get a good 9-12 person.

unless they are going to extend Leafs Lunch 11-1?
If you have to ask, it's not a good sign. Ha.

He was an update announcer, beat reporter and technical producer.

I'd imagine they ask Hogan to cover since Tatti is busy.

I feel a bit for Hogan. He was a good soldier at F590 like Stellick. I've liked him for a long time. Nice to hear a Leafs and Eagles fan on the radio.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

Tatti and POS are pretty good as well.
They get into some good debates that don't resort to "I played in the NHL so..." "No guy" anymore.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Cauz "cauzed" me to constantly change the station when I heard his voice... annoying as all hell. His voice just got on my nerves along with his idiotic references, plus the way he pronounced words oftentimes reminded me of Steve Simmons who I despise so I'm good with not having to hear him anymore

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not surprising, I never understood what qualified him to host a sports show. He spent more time talking about wine then hockey, and in this city thats a sure way to get fired.

Also not surprised about Wheeler. I thought he was equally terrible. When the only thing you can do is pick an easy target to ridicule on the local teams it shows your lack of knowledge with regards to the sports.

Its not surprising whatsoever that the strongest show on TSN is Overdrive, which has two personable former NHL players and a former high level Jr player as host. They can discuss the game to a much higher level and they have the personalities to have entertaining tangents.

TSN needs to find some hosts who

A) Arent arrogant
B) Can discuss hockey without plucking the low hanging fruit "IS MORGAN RIELLY A TERRIBLE PLAYER? FIND OUT NEXT!"

Last edited:

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Wheeler is the real problem for me. Hopefully he's gone.

The whole rest of the lineup was pretty solid IMO, Cauz included.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Wheeler was the problem for me too. like anything you said he disagreed with, he constantly interrupted people and if you brought up how he was wrong, he constantly went "I don't care."

(though i wonder if he's fired out right because he does do football PbP)

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
More Leafs Lunch or Hogan good for me.
I like Blair. All Jays fans should tune in, and The Fan590 afternoon guy Andrew Walker is very good. He grew on me big time. Tucker Tuesdays with Darcy and also Colby Armstrong has his own segment. They added Ben Ennis too. Good radio. Give them a listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad