Confirmed with Link: Matt Calvert Announces Retirement

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
One word springs to mind - class.

If we had him in these past playoffs fit and firing, I think we come MUCH closer to winning that cup.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
It would be highly unusual, but let's get his name on any trophies the Avs might potentially win this year. His was a retirement forced by injury. Calvert would have 100% been on this team this year, if not injured. The Avs get 52 slots for a certain trophy which lists names. Why not reward a guy who made it his mission to have a workhorse 4th line. Since he arrived, every time a player has dived in front of a puck, or dived to get the puck across the blue line, I call it a 'Matt Calvert Thing.' I'd have loved to have him as an assistant coach.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think they can get his name on the Cup if they win it, but I really hope they let him hoist the Cup and skate it around the ice if they win. I can't think of a good reason not to do that.

I don't know if there's any insurance hurdles with that, but figure it out. It would be so great to see. Both for the fans and the team.

Kroenke's a billionaire who increased his wealth during the pandemic, and Matt literally sacrificed his body and health for this team, and to help teach them how to be pros. Which they're benefitting from right now. They can make this happen if they want.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
One of the guys responsible for the culture we have now. Matt "Literally A F*cking Badger" Calvert. an absolute gem

Reactions: Kaizer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad