Player Discussion Matt Boldy

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
The Wild have had a lot of streaky players. I'm not sure any have really been more noticeably streaky than Boldy.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The Wild have had a lot of streaky players. I'm not sure any have really been more noticeably streaky than Boldy.
I think Fiala was at least as noticeably streaky. He'd go half a point per game for nearly half a season, and then suddenly turn into a 100-point pace scorer. For all the crap Evason gets in regard to Fiala, much of it deserved, that would be maddening for any coach.

Gaborik could go on insane streaks, as well. I'm always reminded of his final "season" with the Wild where he went on a 10 goal in 10 game bender to really help screw up our draft position on his way out. Did it well too, we finished 9th in the West, two standings points behind the last playoff team. Single handedly earned us a loser point against the Canucks.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So it's all Boldy's fault that we're stuck with Johansson with a NMC for two years

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So it's all Boldy's fault that we're stuck with Johansson with a NMC for two years
Or it's all his fault Boldy wasn't playing well this year. Whatever, we'll find something to blame someone for. We're fans.

But what I think 57special was saying is that Johansson can be pretty noticeably streaky, too.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
One thing with the JoJo contract and his NTC is they can bury all but 850K of it in the AHL next year (or 875k this year) which even for the cap-strapped Wild is always going to be pretty doable next year and could maybe even be possible this year depending on circumstance.

That being the case and considering that Johanssen surely doesnt want to be spending time riding a bus with AHLers back and forth to Grand Rapids in the hopes that his career just doesnt outright die in the AHL - he's probably gonna be pretty damn open to any trade that keeps him in the NHL if it comes to it.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Maybe I'm missing something but the only circumstance I can think of where JoJo's NTC would really have a lot of bite is a situation where he was having a lot of personal success but the team was failing. More specifically it would be a situation where the Wild are highly motivated to trade him at the deadline (and not just bury him) bc he's developed significant trade value.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Fiala was streaky as hell. Remember his last season here...how he didn't show up until the last 3 months. The first part of the season was a freaking train wreck with him.

And yes, Gabby was extremely streaky too.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala was streaky as hell. Remember his last season here...how he didn't show up until the last 3 months. The first part of the season was a freaking train wreck with him.

And yes, Gabby was extremely streaky too.

Is this a Guerin '3 good months' joke that's just delivered too well for me to know 100% that you're joking

• Haha
Reactions: NHL1674

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It’s tough to call him streaky when he was tasked with carrying 4th line plugs around and then benched if he tried to get to creative.

There's no question that Fiala was a streaky player. He would completely disappear for stretches and then light it up.....and that's not uncommon at all among scorers.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
There's no question that Fiala was a streaky player. He would completely disappear for stretches and then light it up.....and that's not uncommon at all among scorers.
I think Kap is more streaky than Fiala

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Alls this Fiala talk has me thinking about him playing w a non rookie level boldy for many years.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Alls this Fiala talk has me thinking about him playing w a non rookie level boldy for many years.

Would have been sweet. Probably sweeter than whatever Kaprizov-Zuccarello is right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad