Player Discussion Matt Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Rinaldo, Beleskey, Khudobin and possibly Backes

So far Sweeney gets a D , for his off season FA transactions

Beleskey has been benched one too many times (by CJ and now Cassidy)

and over guys like Hayes, Nash, Schaller

Beleskey is also a minus -10

time to this trade one time playoff wonder to somewhere else and try to get back 50 cents on the dollar?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

time to this trade one time playoff wonder to somewhere else and try to get back 50 cents on the dollar?

I was reading some of your posts on these players back in the day and I think if I was you I wouldn't be showing that report card to mom and dad

BUT

Don't feel bad I was right there with you the only difference I found was you liked the Rinaldo deal and I didn't but I'll give you a mulligan because Neely made this deal or ahem was the driving force

Don, me, and you all getting D's ouch

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Send him back to Anaheim. They need it and he was meant for that team it appears.

Then again, all he needs to do is play the style he played last year and I think he is a great playoff performer this spring. We just need to see that effort and physical play again in Boston.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Send him back to Anaheim. They need it and he was meant for that team it appears.

Then again, all he needs to do is play the style he played last year and I think he is a great playoff performer this spring. We just need to see that effort and physical play again in Boston.

He should play tonite vs habs over Hayes.He is harder to play against.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
He should play tonite vs habs over Hayes.He is harder to play against.

I think I have a different strategy. Have to soften the Habs up, get them to relax.

What better way than to put jimmy in the lineup, have him get into an "almost fight" and then just hug the guy, like only he can do. Will be a feel good moment. Lotta love in the building. Habs let their guard down. Then pounce.

Could work, no?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Marchand great deal

Krug great deal

Colin Miller TWO year deal, cheap

Dominic Moore great UFA signing

Schaller was a good signing for the 4th line.

Kevan Miller is worth his current contract

Adam McQuaid is worth his current contract.

Beleskey was easily worth his deal last season, not so much this season. Next season will hopefully be like his first with some reflection. He seems like a proud guy.

Jimmy Hayes was coming off 20 goals as a 4th liner and his 2.2 per year was lauded by 90% of this fan base especially when compared to Reilly Smiths 3.5 per.

Khudobin was bad, I didn't like it, but again look at this signing thread, not a lot of hate...especially didn't see any we should have signed Condon, Enroth or Budaj.

Backes is easily an incomplete right now.

Chiarellis first deal was a 3rd for Chistov. Just as bad as Rinaldo.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Seems like Beleskey stopped throwing big hits after he got beat up by McIlrath in response for that nasty hit on Brassard ( I think it was). Maybe thats is just how it seems but he hasn't been the same as he was at the start of his Bruins tenure.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I always hope that these players with down years (Beleskey, Hayes, etc) can have one impact playoffs moment to redeem themselves. That would be excuse all these awfull regular season games...

They have to get in first.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
there's something wrong with this guy. I hope he figures it the **** out cause watching this out of shape slob skate around right now is pathetic. guy is winded after twenty seconds. he needs to clean up his ********.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I always hope that these players with down years (Beleskey, Hayes, etc) can have one impact playoffs moment to redeem themselves. That would be excuse all these awfull regular season games...

They have to get in first.

Agreed and they certainly didn't sign him for his regular season production. . .

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Hayes has played very solid hockey lately.

I saw him have a couple of decent shifts last game. He still seems to have trouble with decisions, and with taking a pass on his stick. I'll go as far as... he's been less embarrassing lately.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
One good year one terrible. I'd scratch him as much as possible and let him have all summer to think about it.

Agreed completely. He's just isn't playing with the same balls he played with last season. Reality check needed. If he were playing as he did last season he's easily a top-9 guy

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I was reading some of your posts on these players back in the day and I think if I was you I wouldn't be showing that report card to mom and dad

BUT

Don't feel bad I was right there with you the only difference I found was you liked the Rinaldo deal and I didn't but I'll give you a mulligan because Neely made this deal or ahem was the driving force

Don, me, and you all getting D's ouch

Who would have thought a guy on his last life line (Rinaldo) , would stop with the bs and just play hockey

I was wrong... the guy is impossible

If he wasn't such an idiot he would actually be like another Andrew Shaw

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Beleskey is a dirt-dog player who's not dirt dogging out there. Sometimes the effort is there, but I don't see the grit in his game that we saw in his previous years that made him successful.

Right now Schaller is the better player and I'm surprised that he's not out there tonight.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He needs to sit. Total nonfactor. Not even close. Schaller at least makes some things happen when he's in.

Southiechickie

Nov 15, 2016
South Boston
Would not be surprised if they are trying to move Beleskey. He's just terrible this year. Doesn't surprise me that he and Hayes have the least amount of TOI. Both need to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad