Matt Beleskey Appreciation Thread

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
It might get salty in here at first, but I'd loved him during his Anaheim career. It was awesome watching him grow, especially seeing him kick his career in gear after he was put on waivers.

Hopefully I get to run into him on the Boston streets at some point.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Don't get why he turned down his offer, which pisses me off. But glad we aren't paying a third liner that much. Edit: Also he was great in these past playoffs. If he was healthy versus LA last year I think we would had had them in Game 6.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He was a guy I really liked, don't understand why he turned us down.

Also, in his thank you tweets he spelled Anaheim wrong twice.

Last edited:

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Liked him here, and didn't blame him for trying to get more elsewhere...but what he ended up taking in BOS makes me a little sour.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
NMC and the fifth year were very important to him it seems. So be it. On one hand I want Boston to stay in free fall, but on the other I'd be upset if people come to see him as a horrible contract.

Good luck and never forget...

J39a51u.jpg

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Between the term and the taxes, it's almost a 4.5 million dollar difference. Guaranteed money. People need to give theirs heads a collective shake, that's real money.

Good for him, he was always a heart and soul player, the team is worse without him. Good luck in Boston, sir.

DaDucks*

the guy waited until his ufa offseason to buckle down and improve his game. What a sand bag.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Between the term and the taxes, it's almost a 4.5 million dollar difference. Guaranteed money. People need to give theirs heads a collective shake, that's real money.

Good for him, he was always a heart and soul player, the team is worse without him. Good luck in Boston, sir.
Not mad at him for leaving, even he knows he's not worth that much, which is why he was so adamant for another year to maximize his earnings that's fine but it still doesn't mean he's really deserving of his own appreciation thread.

I know it's not really some huge honor but we may as well just do these for every player if he gets one, he's a player who was here who isn't now, not much of a mark made and he got enough appreciation while he was here for what he did.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not mad at him for leaving, even he knows he's not worth that much, which is why he was so adamant for another year to maximize his earnings that's fine but it still doesn't mean he's really deserving of his own appreciation thread.

I know it's not really some huge honor but we may as well just do these for every player if he gets one, he's a player who was here who isn't now, not much of a mark made and he got enough appreciation while he was here for what he did.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If anyone feels he doesn't deserve an appreciation thread, simply don't post in the thread and it will go away soon enough.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Good for him. There's no real sentimental value there like with Beauchemin but I hope he can hit 20 again. Playing with Krejci won't hurt in trying to achieve that.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
I will miss him a lot. Heart and soul player! On th other hand I'm glad Bob did what he did. With the higher taxes this is more or less a 4mx5 deal for the Ducks with a 2y NMC. Hard to justify overall.

I'm glad he has chosen Boston, always liked the Bruins and now there is a reason more.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Always liked the hustle Bells brought and bummed to see him go.

He probably insisted on the NMC to protect against an expansion draft, which brought the AAV down a bit. I'm glad Bob didn't give it to him, those things may really hurt you if too many players have them.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
No salt. I don't care how much he's making somewhere else, in my mind he never was staying, so why cry about the details.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
No appreciation for the dude right now.

He and his agent were greedy and got burned. Now he is on a non-playoff team for under 4 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00