Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Approaching the 4th week of zuccs injury , looks like they are probably gonna be wrong on the timeline again .

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Approaching the 4th week of zuccs injury , looks like they are probably gonna be wrong on the timeline again .

Will be very foolish to rush him back in the lineup. He'll see the doctor today, we may get some news soon. Plan is he'll travel with the team to Canada, and start practicing. My guess is he'll be ready in about a week against the Oilers or Canucks.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
There have been several updates including this week. He's going on next week's road trip, and he'll start practicing with the team. Doesn't sound like he'll be a player until later in the trip or when they return home.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't think he should play until April 2nd. Just give his arm all the time it needs, then he gets 3 games to get back into the groove of things.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
A loss tonight with wins from the teams behind us can put the front office in a bit of a panic. Hopefully they don't rush him and risk another injury.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
The way the next 3 games go could change things for when Zucc comes back. If we get on a roll then theres no need to rush him, but if things get rough then we may see him as soon as hes ready

It would be nice to give him all the time he needs, but it's getting alittle tight in the standings

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If he is in pain they should not rush his arm injury. I`m aware other teams are nearby again like Arizona & Colorado on 78 pts and Dallas have 3 difficult games against Pen, Jets. and Flames on Wednesday.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Listening to TheTicket and Sturm thinks Zucc is back tomorrow. I find that very hard to believe but Sturm does has a pretty good track record.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Razor didn't make it sound like that yesterday but we'll see. Shapiro mentioned he believes Pitlick will be back earlier than Zuccarello .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Razor didn't make it sound like that yesterday but we'll see. Shapiro mentioned he believes Pitlick will be back earlier than Zuccarello .

Listening to TheTicket and Sturm thinks Zucc is back tomorrow. I find that very hard to believe but Sturm does has a pretty good track record.

Yeah just yesterday Razor made it sound like Zucc is still a little while away...Pitlick may be back soon but Zuccarello may not return until the final few or couple of games of the season.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Yup I definitely remember Razor saying that, and also remember seeing Shapiro's tweets. Just odd for Sturm to make those assumptions after what we heard and read yesterday from Razor/Shapiro.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc learned a lesson with a groin injury a while ago, back in the lineup too early and it got worse. He said it took 6 weeks to get rid of the pain.

I doubt he'll play tomorrow, guess he needs to be cleared by docs first. No point in playing if there's too much pain, he won't be able to shoot properly.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Zucc learned a lesson with a groin injury a while ago, back in the lineup too early and it got worse. He said it took 6 weeks to get rid of the pain.

I doubt he'll play tomorrow, guess he needs to be cleared by docs first. No point in playing if there's too much pain, he won't be able to shoot properly.

He injured his right arm and he's a left handed shot so it's his stickhandling that will be affected more than his shooting.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
don't rush him. things aren't that dire. In a perfect world they go out and secure a playoff spot ASAP and he can wait til playoffs to come back.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
don't rush him. things aren't that dire. In a perfect world they go out and secure a playoff spot ASAP and he can wait til playoffs to come back.

I believe it was either Heika or Shapiro that mentioned yesterday they'd much rather him get a few games in during the regular season so he doesn't have to come back and have to get back up to speed in playoff hockey.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I believe it was either Heika or Shapiro that mentioned yesterday they'd much rather him get a few games in during the regular season so he doesn't have to come back and have to get back up to speed in playoff hockey.
That makes sense.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
The smart thing to do would be to target the flyers game. Givve him 3 solid games back to get his groove..and is a safer play.

Excited to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad