Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Appreciation Thread

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'll miss the hell out of him. I still remember going absolutely nuts at MSG when he scored his first NHL goal in OT.

Wish him nothing but the absolute best in Dallas.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Love the guy and hope he wins the cup someday. Smallest guy on the ice with the biggest heart. I can't say enough good things about him and he will be sorely missed.

Reactions: egelband

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
A lot of fans say he should've been extended, when the return was only a 2nd and a 3rd. They got a point there.

So I don't see him sign here again, because I feel like the relationship between him and the management is not the best anymore. But you never know, Zucc is Zucc, and wounds do heal.

Btw...as I promised, when Zucc goes to a new team, so do I. Guess I'm gonna have to buy myself a cowboy hat and head for Dallas. So this is my last post here, interesting bunch of fans on this board. Goodbye folks.

Cya, i wouldnt cheer for another team not even if my kids were on it.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
I rarely post in these type of threads, but im so glad for all the memories Zucc have contributed to :)

As a euro fan i dont always get to see the team play but i followed the playoffs in 2015 over in the states and it is some of the best memories i have and Mats was a big part of that.

I wish Zucc the best, and i think Mats deserve to either come back to NYR in July or atleast get a 3-4 year contract for a serious contender where he can chase a cup before he retires.

Reactions: Ori

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
It really happened..... Strange to see him in another jersey....

2j26sco.jpg

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Always took pride in Zucc being a fellow Norwegian although I have to admit early on I didnt think he would make it in NHL. Would love to see him come back on 3 year deal but I think Gorton has already moved on.

Stauffenberg

May 30, 2012
At least he has started well in Dallas Stars. One goal and one assist so far after 2 periods in the match today against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Stars fan here, thank you Rangers for a few.

#1 - I didn’t know what the NHL was growing up in Dallas till the Stars came. I listened to the Rangers win the Cup that season on am radio as a kid and the Rangers have been my 2nd team ever since.

#2 - Zucc is obviously the 2nd. A number of Stars fans seem(ed) upset picking him up but he’s brought an obvious adrenaline shot to us immediately.

If Dallas doesn’t resign him and he goes back to NY, like a lot are saying, it won’t bother me much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori and Kupo

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

I think I'm done with this team. Trading Zuccarello - and believe me, he won't return - was the final nail in the coffin. All the albatrosses. All the shit trades. ALWAYS ditching the quality pieces for nothing, keeping the trash. I'm so done. What a waste of Lundqvist's career to end up in freaking NYR. I think even NYI would've been better, honestly. At least they had another star player. Imagine if Lundqvist was lucky enough to end up in a somewhat competent franchise. Nope.

I think I formally give up on following NYR as a team now. So, have a great time in the incompetent martyrdom, the Edmonton way of tanking, destroying all winning culture for a long time. I will go back to following interesting players, as I did once 20 years ago. No specific team allegiance.

Maybe you win a cup in 70 years, before our civilization crumbles. NYR = the Murican incompetence in the same scenario as Toronto. And that's saying something, because they've been pathetic. Pathetic. That's my overall statement of the NYR after following them for almost 15 years. And then they even improved from the pre-salary cap era, where I was even distained as a kid for them being so awful.

Last edited:

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'd be surprised if Zucc signed with us this summer, but I would more than welcome it. The return would be suggest we won't be since it's kind of pitiful, a we'll take what we can get kind of grab.

That said, I'll be rooting for Zucc wherever he plays. No player has given me more pride in being a Rangers fan in my life time except a handful of greats — #30, #2, #11. And the fact that he was never going to be a HOF level player speaks to his personality and his commitment to the game and the team that he's in a conversation with those guys.

I'll be sad to see a video tribute bc they're always so pathetic, and I'm annoyed that this is how it ends for a player who gave so much (including leaving money and security on the table) to this franchise.

Sad to see it, and while hockey's a business for those who manage it, coach it, and play it, for us it's certainly not. So when he's back at the garden the fans better bring some real noise for him.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

I think I'm done with this team. Trading Zuccarello - and believe me, he won't return - was the final nail in the coffin. All the albatrosses. All the **** trades. ALWAYS ditching the quality pieces for nothing, keeping the trash. I'm so done. What a waste of Lundqvist's career to end up in freaking NYR. I think even NYI would've been better, honestly. At least they had another star player. Imagine if Lundqvist was lucky enough to end up in a somewhat competent franchise. Nope.

I think I formally give up on following NYR as a team now. So, have a great time in the incompetent martyrdom, the Edmonton way of tanking, destroying all winning culture for a long time. I will go back to following interesting players, as I did once 20 years ago. No specific team allegiance.

Maybe you win a cup in 70 years, before our civilization crumbles. NYR = the Murican incompetence in the same scenario as Toronto. And that's saying something, because they've been pathetic. Pathetic. That's my overall statement of the NYR after following them for almost 15 years. And then they even improved from the pre-salary cap era, where I was even distained as a kid for them being so awful.

Bye.

Reactions: Kupo and SA16

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I think I'm done with this team. Trading Zuccarello - and believe me, he won't return - was the final nail in the coffin. All the albatrosses. All the **** trades. ALWAYS ditching the quality pieces for nothing, keeping the trash. I'm so done. What a waste of Lundqvist's career to end up in freaking NYR. I think even NYI would've been better, honestly. At least they had another star player. Imagine if Lundqvist was lucky enough to end up in a somewhat competent franchise. Nope.

I always considered you to be a quality poster, but this is just shallow of you.

If I knew how to un-become a fan, I would have stopped rooting for the Bills after 4 straight SB losses, and over 23+ years w/o a playoff win.

But I can’t. It’s not in my heart. Better, and more important players have been traded from here than Zucc. Imagine how hard it was for some of us to see Leetch in a Leafs and Bruins jersey.. It still kills me.

I’m married to the teams I grew up rooting for. Through thick and thin. Before you scurry off though, you should at least see this rebuild through.

There’s a lot to be excited about.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Another note @Chimp, I wish you were around during the dark ages. A team assembled of veteran mercenaries who signed big contracts and played like horse ****.

No heart. No pride. Just a pathetic display through and through. It was Groundhogs Day here which lasted for years and years.

The Dark Ages changed when Sather tried a different approach to building a team. But he half assed that rebuild and never really surrounded Lundqvist with a great team. His impatience ruined Lundqvists career.

Shestyorkin might be the next Lundqvist here and he’ll likely have the same fate as Lundqvist, unless we stay true to our rebuild. That takes time. And Luck.

If you’re not committed enough as a Rangers fan to stick with this team after 15 years, then good riddance. Go root for the Islanders. And don’t come back here when we’re on top of our game again.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

pz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad