Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Darche named Dir. of Hockey Operations | Roest, Pushor & Murray promoted to AGM

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Roest, at least as fans & media will see it, is now the #2 guy behind JBB. Not to say the other guys have hit a wall in career development, but on the outside, we'll assume that Roest is next-in-line.

The question is, will TB backfill some of the positions they left behind?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Roest, at least as fans & media will see it, is now the #2 guy behind JBB. Not to say the other guys have hit a wall in career development, but on the outside, we'll assume that Roest is next-in-line.

The question is, will TB backfill some of the positions they left behind?
Well Murray seems like a title change + pay bump - probably not a lot different in responsibilities.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would not be surprised if yzerman took a promotion to President of hockey operations in Detroit and then just made ALan Murray the Gm in Detroit one day. Then technically yzerman just still does
The GM duties

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is Yzerman protection. We promoted two former Wings + the organization's golden goose.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
They had to promote Murray to keep him. Thank god Yzerman didn't take him with him to Detroit.

Then again, it was Yzerman that really wanted to be closer to home. Doesn't mean they would have necessarily wanted to be uprooted to Michigan. I'm sure they're all happy with their promotions anyway though.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
My hope is the organization begins a trend of drafting bigger, stronger and more physical players. Since NHL will not change officiating in the playoffs, we must add players who are NOT 5'9" and weigh 175 lbs soaken wet!

Reactions: Kusic

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
My hope is the organization begins a trend of drafting bigger, stronger and more physical players. Since NHL will not change officiating in the playoffs, we must add players who are NOT 5'9" and weigh 175 lbs soaken wet!
soaking*

I don't know if you even pay attention to the kids we draft with that comment, we're just willing the take the fourth round risk on the high scoring small guy rather than the "well he's 6'4 and he might learn to have hands one day!" types. If we can avoid more Artyukhins and get more Brayden Points, i'm all for it.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
From Bryan Burns:

• BriseBois said everyone on #Bolts' amateur and pro scouting staff are all under contract for next season.

• BriseBois said some people advised him he should bring in his own people to round out his front office staff. "I told them, 'These guys, they are my people. They are my guys'...I don’t know why to make changes when we have really good people on staff.”

• BriseBois on promotion of Roest to #SyrCrunch GM: "Stacy’s kind of been my de facto assistant GM in that role for the last few years, and he’s well aware of how we run a program, what we value in that program. I think he’s going to be a great resource for our players there."

• BriseBois said Pat Verbeek and Jamie Pushor were essentially sharing the responsibilities of overseeing player personnel last season, which should make a smooth transition for Pushor. Also said he might bring someone in to help Jamie in that role or promote from within. #Bolts

• BriseBois said Mathieu Darche is "a natural leader" who has a lot of connections to #Bolts staff. Played with Jamie Pushor, Jeff Halpern and Tony Hrkac (pro scout) and played for Todd Richards. "He’s got phenomenal people skills and a really good head for management."

• BriseBois said Al Murray will continue to oversee #Bolts draft and amateur scouting but will also be more heavily involved in decision making throughout the entire organization.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
soaking*

I don't know if you even pay attention to the kids we draft with that comment, we're just willing the take the fourth round risk on the high scoring small guy rather than the "well he's 6'4 and he might learn to have hands one day!" types. If we can avoid more Artyukhins and get more Brayden Points, i'm all for it.
I can't speak for waterboy, but I haven't really seen anyone suggesting we abandon the offensive side of our guys. It's about getting physical, two-way players. Maybe that cuts off a bit of the offensive potential, but you should probably get a more 'complete' player (and team, more importantly).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad