Post-Game Talk: Matheson returns. Habs win against Flyers.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gainey had a certain prestige around the league but went completely bonkers, signing a bunch of smurfs. It was a notorious July 1st, that day, and one of the craziest UFA frenzies in Habs history. The team got beaten by Umberger the following year and Gainey called it quits a few years later, knowing very well he messed up, unlike BargainBin. He left behind 2 promising goalies, one who still plays but has bounced around the league, and 2 top Ds, and some complimentary forwards who were good but not elite.
Umberger was 2008 playoff loss to Philly, UFAs were July 1st, 2009 - Gainey called it quits Feb 2010, to go bake bread & play the piano

Your long term memory has taken a hit. Price was having a blast back then, spotted in several nightclubs. Rumours were widespread and pictures were circulating. Many were wondering if he was truly the chosen one. He had one good season but before he seemed drunk out there on the ice.
That was over 13-years ago in 2008-2009 centennial season , Price was the only reason Habs / Bruins went to game 7 OT in 2011 playoffs over 11.5 years ago.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Umberger was 2008 playoff loss to Philly, UFAs were July 1st, 2009 - Gainey called it quits Feb 2010, to go bake bread & play the piano

That was over 13-years ago in 2008-2009 centennial season , Price was the only reason Habs / Bruins went to game 7 OT in 2011 playoffs over 11-seasons ago.
Good for you. You know your dates.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Your long term memory has taken a hit. Price was having a blast back then, spotted in several nightclubs. Rumours were widespread and pictures were circulating. Many were wondering if he was truly the chosen one. He had one good season but before he seemed drunk out there on the ice.
Oh my gawd, night clubs, had no it was so serious. :laugh:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I don't get your point?

I never really liked Price, I preferred Halak.
The point is you are making stuff up. Because Price was in a nightclub 10 yrs ago does not mean he had an addiction problem then.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The Habs missed the playoffs 3 times after 2015.

You do understand I was responding to how you portrayed the team he inherited, and the fact they missed the playoffs in his 4th year is indicative of nothing else than Bergevin making bad decisions along the way, not of the team he inherited.

Also, disingenuous not to mention Price was in MVP form yet missed 75% of the games in that 4th year. Without that injury, the core he inherited would've made the playoffs 5 years in a row, without making any major additions other than Petry in his 3rd year.

Give it up already.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The point is you are making stuff up. Because Price was in a nightclub 10 yrs ago does not mean he had an addiction problem then.
We don't know for sure but rumours were that he did. I never liked Price and never expected him to win anything. He didn't. Case closed.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
You do understand I was responding to how you portrayed the team he inherited, and the fact they missed the playoffs in his 4th year is indicative of nothing else than Bergevin making bad decisions along the way, not of the team he inherited.

Also, disingenuous not to mention Price was in MVP form yet missed 75% of the games in that 4th year. Without that injury, the core he inherited would've made the playoffs 5 years in a row, without making any major additions other than Petry in his 3rd year.

Give it up already.
Just because you want me to give up, doesn't mean I have too. Stop it with the personal attacks and get on with your life.

We all know that BargainBin made bad decisions and he was average but the fact remains that during the pandemic he added depth. HuGo benefited from that depth. That's it, that's all. That's the point I tried to make and you took it to another level. It's a shame that you were once a moderator.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The rumors were that he partied a lot, y'know, like most young adults do. There was never ever rumors of addiction.
He let so many bad goals that people were wondering if he was playing drunk most nights.

He was a professional athlete. How can you claim it was right for him to drink and smoke up?

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just because you want me to give up, doesn't mean I have too. Stop it with the personal attacks and get on with your life.

We all know that BargainBin made bad decisions and he was average but the fact remains that during the pandemic he added depth. HuGo benefited from that depth. That's it, that's all. That's the point I tried to make it and you took it to another level. It's a shame that you were once a moderator.

Damn. It's crazy the number of things you get wrong. 1-it's not what ai responded to. You said something along the lines that Hughes has it easier and this team is better than the one Berg inherited. 2-i didn't take anything to another level. 3- i was never a mod

He let so many bad goals that people were wondering if he was playing drunk most nights.

He was a professional athlete. How can you claim it was right for him to drink and smoke up?

You're moving the goalposts. You insinuated there were rumors of addiction, don't start trying to make it about something else.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Damn. It's crazy the number of things you get wrong. 1-it's not what ai responded to. You said something along the lines that Hughes has it easier and this team is better than the one Berg inherited. 2-i didn't take anything to another level. 3- i was never a mod
I am glad you never were.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't get your point?

I never really liked Price, I preferred Halak.
We don't know for sure but rumours were that he did. I never liked Price and never expected him to win anything. He didn't. Case closed.
The rumours came from when he was 20/21 years old. The age most kids are going threw their party years and before he matured and became the top goaltender in the entire league for a substantial amount of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad