Post-Game Talk: Matheson and Reimer special lead to 3rd period choke job

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Bad turnover by Matheson but that goal is on reimer. Wasn’t an odd man rush it was a one on one and a shot from distance. Terrible goaltending on a nothing play

Flooven

Nov 21, 2018
SoFla
How was he outcoached? We can't sustain offensive pressure at all and as usual Matheson is good for costing us a goal against a game.

Come on man, what were seeing is all on coaching. Boughners lost in the sauce, and has been from the start. Good guy but dont think he's cut out to be an NHL head coach. This looks no different than the Tom Rowe Panthers.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
You do realize that there is a universe where both Matheson and Reimer suck at the same time right ?
Sure but that turnover didn’t lead to a dangerous chance. Matheson hasn’t been good this year. But a turnover
Leading to a one on one isn’t aweful

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Come on man, what were seeing is all on coaching. Boughners lost in the sauce, and has been from the start. Good guy but dont think he's cut out to be an NHL head coach.
Mike Matheson isn't a coach and Reimer isn't a coach. Do you expect Boughner to coach routine saves? Does he tell his goalies to let these low % shots in? Do you watch the games and see the soft goals against?

Reactions: I am not exposed

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
I thought I was watching the live game and it turns out that I was about 25 mins behind the live feed via the DVR... and I just realized that we lost and I was in the middle of getting mad about the two quick goals against that tied the game. What happened on the 3rd one?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Why did we stand around all 3rd period. If I had a dollar every time over the years I’ve seen a game like this I’d be a wealthy man
We didn't stand around, St. Louis has done a really good job of shutting down offense in their zone, we are not the only team in the last ten+ games they've been doing this too.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I thought I was watching the live game and it turns out that I was about 25 mins behind the live feed via the DVR... and I just realized that we lost and I was in the middle of getting mad about the two quick goals against that tied the game. What happened on the 3rd one?
Saveable shot went in

Reactions: Ghoste

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
How was he outcoached? We can't sustain offensive pressure at all and as usual Matheson is good for costing us a goal against a game.

2 goal lead early in the 3rd and we immediately go into a shell. It’s happened all season, which makes no sense because our record last year with a lead going into the 3rd was ridiculously good.

Reactions: PSLguy

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Pretty bad loss. Barkov irrelevant again. Too many posts and missed chances. Reimer lets in 2 softies and another questionable. Not good enough 5 on 5. Oh well playing good lately need to bounce back next game

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If your hockey team is failing because of two guys why hasn’t it been fixed? I’ll help you with this one. It’s more that a two player problem.
Because you can't get move Matheson on his contract and our goaltending has been shit. Did you notice that St. Louis and Philly both were struggling and then their new goalies started playing really well.

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
Nevermind, I just checked it on my DVR and it was a pathetic attempt at defense by Ekblad/Matheson from what I just saw and Reimer with his same old self. Isnt this how the shitty Blues beat us last time? All the goals in the 3rd period to embarrass us?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Reimer let in a wrister from a distance. On a one on one rush

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
2 goal lead early in the 3rd and we immediately go into a shell. It’s happened all season, which makes no sense because our record last year with a lead going into the 3rd was ridiculously good.
You can't hold leads when your goalie gives up soft goals that should never go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad