Confirmed with Link: Matheson and a 4th for Petry and Poehling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
In basically 4th line minutes (11:36) Poehling has 11 ES goals in 85 games. That’s pretty standard 4th line production for me, provided that player is also sound defensively and maybe brings a little energy. And he’s dirt cheap too. Maybe he can even improve on that? But if not that’s why we have DOC & Zohorna.

I would like to think he could. He was one of the better American's when he was on the WJC teams and has the awards to back that up

1658242001272.png

22 points in his first 85 games is underwhelming, but he's made improvements on his first fullish season despite playing for one of the worst teams in the league. He has also been solid in the AHL.

1658242189348.png

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is you either gaslighting, or misunderstanding. Read again. As an established superstar, Malkin deserved the same respect as Letang and wasn't given it. There are a number of variables on both sides (including the fact that Letang got 6 years and Malkin only got 4 after going down to the wire), but the key issue here is that we accommodated one legend and put the screws to another. Luckily Crosby stepped in and assuaged things.
You're confusing personal feelings with business. You've been doing it for the better part of the last week and a half regarding Malkin. Kris Letang for the reasons I stated now on numerous occasions was the more prudent signing. You're under the impression that this team owes Gino something, they don't. He was paid handsomely for his services. You don't pay for what they have done, you pay for what you expect them to do in the future. That is your mistake. In any case they were both re-signed. But I unlike you, didn't get hysterical about it. Your stomach was churning because they didn't get a deal done until 13 hours before free agency started? That's just silly and it shows you're either a puck bunny or a Malkin fan boy who doesn't look at the big picture.. Your personal feelings got the better of you, just accept it and move on.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Why are we upset about not signing Jarnkrok again?

Tweener middle-6 guy is not a need for Pittsburgh.

I suppose you could argue he can play wing and Center, so could replace E-Rod's role and some of that production, but I still don't see what he adds to the lineup that we don't already have.

Our needs this year were:
1. New Top-6 impact winger
2. Goalie core change
3. Defense core change

At least we checked one of the boxes.
If Hextall was a baseball player, he’d be hitting .333% and good. Too bad he’s not in the MLB.

I agree with your order and how they rank in importance. We attempted to address the third biggest issue. We’ll see if it worked.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If Hextall was a baseball player, he’d be hitting .333% and good. Too bad he’s not in the MLB.

I agree with your order and how they rank in importance. We attempted to address the third biggest issue. We’ll see if it worked.
Yeah that's pretty much the consensus. That list aptly illustrates the needs and the order in which they should be prioritized. And the least of our issues is the one that was remedied. We need a top six wing. We haven't even acquired a quality third liner. Instead we signed archibald.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah that's pretty much the consensus. That list aptly illustrates the needs and the order in which they should be prioritized. And the least of our issues is the one that was remedied. We need a top six wing. We haven't even acquired a quality third liner. Instead we signed archibald.
But but but he’ll never play.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You're confusing personal feelings with business. You've been doing it for the better part of the last week and a half regarding Malkin. Kris Letang for the reasons I stated now on numerous occasions was the more prudent signing. You're under the impression that this team owes Gino something, they don't. He was paid handsomely for his services. You don't pay for what they have done, you pay for what you expect them to do in the future. That is your mistake. In any case they were both re-signed. But I unlike you, didn't get hysterical about it. Your stomach was churning because they didn't get a deal done until 13 hours before free agency started? That's just silly and it shows you're either a puck bunny or a Malkin fan boy who doesn't look at the big picture.. Your personal feelings got the better of you, just accept it and move on.
Quality organizations treat superstars who've been loyal to the team for years with a certain measure of respect. We're fortunate we have a Crosby to smooth things over so Malkin didn't go the way of Tom Brady. That's not paying for the past, that's simply acknowledging their contributions up to and including the present. In case you missed it, Malkin was our most consistent scorer the last 2 playoffs despite playing with dog shit.

Keep using the word "hysterical" to describe a couple innocuous comments about Malkin though. It reads as projection from a source who was filling his pants over not signing a 35 point scorer.

Try not to faint when we add a better forward.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Quality organizations treat superstars who've been loyal to the team for years with a certain measure of respect. We're fortunate we have a Crosby to smooth things over so Malkin didn't go the way of Tom Brady. That's not paying for the past, that's simply acknowledging their contributions up to and including the present. In case you missed it, Malkin was our most consistent scorer the last 2 playoffs despite playing with dog shit.

Keep using the word "hysterical" to describe a couple innocuous comments about Malkin though. It reads as projection from a source who was filling his pants over not signing a 35 point scorer.

Well in the case of the forwards I mentioned we could have got them for nothing but salary except Miller. If we trade for that caliber of player clearly we have to give up an asset or two. Signing the players I mentioned would only cost salary But keep harping on that, that'll get you far. I got several PM's about you and the fact that you are not able to aptly debate a matter. You take things completely out of context, I didn't want to believe them but clearly that's the case. I mentioned a host of other players and you completely ignore that fact because it doesn't fit your narrative. To be clear I mentioned six players and you harp on one. That just shows the level and degree of ineptitude that you're displaying. You completely ignore five players that I mentioned Time and Time Again. Players that I have stated over and over I would much prefer yet you ignore that completely. You debate in an obtuse, uneven, incoherent and in a completely illogical Manner. Other than that you're absolutely fantastic! I should expect better but then the PM's I received set me straight. Hopefully you'll stop having a tantrum over how unfairly and unjustly Malkin was treated. Hope you'll be okay bud. LOL also the Malkin Saga you're unevenly depicting as well. You say that Gino was loyal to the penguins, will the Pittsburgh Penguins were very loyal to Gino as well. Yet you don't mention that. Why, because it doesn't fit your inane, nonsensical, absurd , ridiculous and uneven agenda! don't worry, from now on I know what to expect, which is not much at all. Carry on mate! And the next time you respond because you can't help yourself, you will mention something about a 35-point player or Jarnkrok. You can't help yourself you can't stop. You don't have control.

Last edited:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Can't wait for Geno to have a full season training not a half season of play after major knee surgery.

People are gonna be falling over themselves trying to make sense of it...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Well in the case of the forwards I mentioned we could have got them for nothing but salary except Miller. If we trade for them clearly we have to give up an asset or two. Signing the players I mentioned would only cost salary But keep harping on that, that'll get you far. I got several PM's about you and the fact that you are not able to aptly debate a matter. You take things completely out of context, I didn't want to believe them but clearly that's the case. I mentioned a host of other players and you completely ignore that fact because it doesn't fit your narrative. To be clear I mentioned six players and you harp on one. That just shows the level and degree of ineptitude that you're displaying. You completely ignore five players that I mentioned Time and Time Again. Players that I have stated over and over I would much prefer yet you ignore that completely. You debate in an obtuse, uneven, incoherent and in a completely illogical Manner. That's pathetic, it's obvious and you're acting like a troll. I should expect better but then the PM's I received set me straight. Hopefully you'll stop having a tantrum over how unfairly and unjustly Malkin was treated. Hope you'll be okay bud. LOL don't worry from now on I know what to expect, which is not much at all. Carry on mate!
Take solace in those DMs. I'll try to manage the hysterical tantrums long enough to learn the finer points of why we should be committing money and term to middle sixers.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Take solace in those DMs. I'll try to manage the hysterical tantrums long enough to learn the finer points of why we should be committing money and term to middle sixers.
I take solace in the fact that there are a lot of individuals around here who see what I see in regards to your debating practices. You completely take things constantly and intentionally out of context, this is plain as day. Carry on!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lmao did someone really just say that they got receipts for DMs to try to win a debate? :laugh:

Someone on this site once lied about me sending them PMs hitting on them. That's about how credible the "I got DMs!" claim is :laugh:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Someone on this site once said about me sending them PMs hitting on them. That's about how credible the "I got DMs!" claim is :laugh:
I remember that, why were you hitting on them? Not to get personal but why not just go on a dating app if you're that hard up to meet someone?

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Lmao did someone really just say that they got receipts for DMs to try to win a debate? :laugh:

Someone on this site once lied about me sending them PMs hitting on them. That's about how credible the "I got DMs!" claim is :laugh:
If someone says they got DMs, they got you dead to rights.

People are saying, bro.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

So, are we a quality organization since Crosby had to get involved after Hextall didn’t treat him with said respect???

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So, are we a quality organization since Crosby had to get involved after Hextall didn’t treat him with said respect???
The Pens lost a little lustre. They showed they'll put the screws to a Mount Rushmore player despite his high standard of play with a collection of misfit toys...and without a word of complaint.

If I were a player, I wouldn't be convinced that if I make sacrifices for the Pens' sake that there will be any reciprocation. But the cutthroat approach works both ways, and you can lose a lot of goodwill in a short period of time.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If someone says they got DMs, they got you dead to rights.

People are saying, bro.
Or they can just look at the manner by which you post, you constantly take things out of context. I just wasn't aware you have a history of doing this with other posters. That doesn't change the fact however you were clearly doing it with me, and, for everybody to see. Carry on mate!

The Pens lost a little lustre. They showed they'll put the screws to a Mount Rushmore player despite his high standard of play with a collection of misfit toys...and without a word of complaint.

If I were a player, I wouldn't be convinced that if I make sacrifices for the Pens' sake that there will be any reciprocation. But the cutthroat approach works both ways, and you can lose a lot of goodwill in a short period of time.
Sounds like you're more interested in Malkin the player than the Penguins the team. Or am I wrong in that assessment? Still harboring resentment against the Penguins huh? Why not find another team, you know, since this one clearly is disappointing you and your delicate sensibilities.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Considering Crosby is member of the team yes we are still quality. Dipsy Doodle is akin to Rob Rossi. Just a mouthpiece and a fanboi for GENO. Nothing wrong with loving Geno, but I don't think you have to disparage the team in the process. The deal got done that should be all that matters.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Sounds like you're more interested in Malkin the player than the Penguins the team. Or am I wrong in that assessment? Still harboring resentment against the Penguins huh? Why not find another team, you know, since this one clearly is disappointing you and your delicate sensibilities.
You know if you believe some people around here we're going to be hard-pressed to attract any quality free agents. What a lowly group of Misfits we have running this organization. LOL

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Contract negotiations aren’t always going or be pretty. That’s just the nature of business.

And just the fact that Sid, Geno, and Letang have the opportunity to start and finish their careers together says a lot. I don’t think anything like it has ever happened in modern professional sports history. I don’t know how much more appreciated they could possibly be without the owners just giving them the keys to the franchise.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I was trying to do a comparison on Poehling to John Leclair (both Canadians prospects) we know Leclairs career took off when he was traded to Philly.

Poehling 6'2 203
Leclair 6'3 225

Roughly same stature. Leclair was 26 when he was traded while Poehling is 23, so Poehling is still growing. But can you imagine if our 2LW was solved here with this trade.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
My guess is he's already counting the money he fleeced off the Penguins with this new contract.
yes, at his worst a point per game player making 6.1 million fleeced the Pens?

I think you need to rethink value in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad