Confirmed with Link: Matheson and a 4th for Petry and Poehling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not with those 3, as far as I can remember. Contracts were always uncontentious and settled earlier.

I agree that all 3 spending their whole careers together is hugely impressive, but that has at least as much to do with goodwill on the players' part, and it almost didn't happen with Malkin's last deal. Again, the Pens are very fortunate to have a captain like Crosby to smooth things over.
Why would they have been contentious before? The players were younger in their Primes, and didn't pile up the number and degree of injuries they have in recent years. But variables such as age, injuries, games missed and wear and tear have have changed that dynamic. Can't you see the difference? Once again it's a business. You seem to forget that aspect of things. And clearly the players understand that because they took decidedly less. I think the Penguins were more than generous in giving Letang and Malkin the term they received. They should be kissing the Penguins red Rosy ass.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Why would they have been contentious before? The players were younger in their Primes, and didn't pile up the number and degree of injuries they have in recent years. But variables such as age, injuries, games missed and wear and tear have have changed that dynamic. Can't you see the difference? Once again it's a business. You seem to forget that aspect of things. And clearly the players understand that because they took decidedly less. I think the Penguins were more than generous in giving Letang and Malkin the term they received. They should be kissing the Penguins red Rosy ass.
You don't own a business...or have a team you're in charge of at work...do you?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Oh you'd be very wrong about that. You'd be be very wrong indeed. I understand how business Works exceptionally well thank you very much. LOL how about you? How many small businesses have you owned?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Oh you'd be very wrong about that. You'd be be very wrong indeed. I understand how business Works exceptionally well thank you very much. LOL how about you? How many small businesses have you owned?
Depends on your definition of small and how many in a team you consider big. Currently the owner of one with 4 divisions (or departments). Some full-time, some part-time, some contractors, some experienced, some green, some are finished products, some are green and need guidance. Some have cost me money, some have made me money, some are young, some are old, some have families to think about which means I have to think about, some are bachelors/bachelorettes.

It's a dynamic, diverse workforce with personalities all over the spectrum. One thing I don't lose sight of is the core employees who mentor, train, and guide the younger ones. My best division leader has been going through issues with his wife's cancer treatment. He's gone a lot. He's not always reachable. Sometimes his mind is elsewhere. But I can't replace what he's done, what he knows, and what he can continue to bring to the team, even in a limited capacity.

More over, he's a human. One that I like and respect. Are his billable hours as high as others, no. But sometimes there's more to it than that. To oddly quote Michael Scott, "Business is always personal. It's the most personal thing in the world."

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He gets DMs all the time from countless satisfied team members.

Criticizing a move like a trade or sending someone down to the minors is decidedly different than questioning their integrity when it comes to how they treat a player. I thought you'd be able to discern between those two completely and dynamically different scenarios. But yet again I gave you too much credit.
Characteristically insightful.

Good day.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He gets DMs all the time from countless satisfied team members.

Characteristically insightful.

Good day.
No I don't receive PM's from countless satisfied team members. But I have gotten PM's about the way you cherry pick aspects of a particular subject matter and take things intentionally out of context. For example the banter back and forth between you and I is evidence of that. For everyone to see. And intern you're proving the fine individuals who warned me about you, as very accurate in their assessment. Bravo! You're hanging yourself with your own rope, making my job super easy. Thanks for that.🤣😂😉😁

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
This is getting shut down. Its so far off topic you guys cant even see the topic with binoculars.

VariableMarriedBustard-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad