Prospect Info: Matej Pekar, C (OHL) Barrie Colts - Drafted 2018 (94 OA) , not qualified, signed AHL deal with Hartford

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Is Pekar eligible for the AHL next season. Not sure, if this stint is something the Sabres could do on a temp basis because his OHL club is eliminated? Help?
Yes, he is. I can't see the sense in it, though. I see him as a fairly raw player yet. He should go back next year and put up numbers. Then it is on to the AHL to learn the pro game.

Reactions: Chainshot

Rookie71

Nov 5, 2014
Yes, he is. I can't see the sense in it, though. I see him as a fairly raw player yet. He should go back next year and put up numbers. Then it is on to the AHL to learn the pro game.

thats exactly the right way, make them earn their way up, this guy will earn it and learn from it...

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
If you're counting post-junior season assignments, then both Guhle and Estephan did it in 2015-16. Cornel and Martin the year before that.

It was thinking non-ATOs but on Sabres contracts. I can think of Paetsch, Hecl and Moravec but none were as young as Pekar and all had weird circumstances.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
It was thinking non-ATOs but on Sabres contracts. I can think of Paetsch, Hecl and Moravec but none were as young as Pekar and all had weird circumstances.
Not sure non-ATO is that meaningful of a distinction, but Guhle was signed to his ELC during his first post-draft season.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Shouldn't really need to have anyone policing a prospects game

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He's very well spoken, the enthusiasm just cashes through. So crazy to think he was the ONLY forward drafted last year. How can you not root for Metaj Pekar! He buried Vukojevic on the ice! What a way to brighten up the game!

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad