GWT: Matchweek 19

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I mean, if Chelsea are in it, then Tottenham are in it. City is the favorite unless Liverpool beat them next Thursday in Manchester. Oh and Liverpool have Arsenal this weekend too, although you can argue Liverpool are playing Arsenal at a good time. Liverpool need the 3 points today.
If Liverpool get out of that game with a 4 point lead or more, City is not the favorite.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Salah scored a penalty to make it 2-0. It was a pretty soft call, but that's also the first PK that they have scored at Anfield since November 2016, so I guess they were due.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I disagree.
And that's okay. City is still a goliath, and Goal Difference could still decide it like it did in 13/14. Liverpool aren't going to go unbeaten. 4 point cushion is not enough for me to feel comfortable

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
And that's okay. City is still a goliath, and Goal Difference could still decide it like it did in 13/14. Liverpool aren't going to go unbeaten. 4 point cushion is not enough for me to feel comfortable
The goal difference is being cut down. Despite how great City were last year, they won many points in the last 5 minutes and injury time. They aren't getting 100 points again. Couple in the fact that Fernandinho is hurt and they have no real replacement for him, and their fullbacks arent playing well, they are vulnerable.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Just because it's not a smart play by the defender doesn't mean it's a joke from Salah and should earn an easy ban for simulation.
When was the last time they suspended someone for diving? Think it has happened once to Niasse. We are both biased on this subject, so Im not going to discuss this any further.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
That arm grab was definitely enough to get Salah out of balance and Salah definitely played his part too.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This game is the exact reason I drafted Pogba with my first pick in our draft. On talent alone, he is arguably the best player in the PL and is now able to show it.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Son once again leaving to play for South Korea will suck for Tottenham as he is really in form right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad