Matchups you consider rivalries?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Shane Doan loses his mind almost every time they play each other. I'd say it's a pretty heated rivalry.

Well I don't mean to dismiss the rivalry, I wouldn't really know. But in my experience with Shane Doan, he's a psychopath no matter who the Coyotes are playing :laugh:

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Kings and Coyotes is not a rivalry. Sure, we don't like them, but that's a Phoenix/LA thing, not a Coyotes/Kings thing.

I think there's enough history between current players Doan, Smith etc it usually becomes a chippy game.

Church of Toews*

Kings Blackhawks are getting there imo. While its not a bad blood regional/historical rivalry like BOS-MTL and PHI-PIT I think its more of a playoff rivalry which has carried into the regular season now (similar to the VAN-CHI rivalry) where both teams are very successful, on the verge of being a dynasty and see the other as their biggest competition if they meet again in the conference finals it will explode.

mitchdisaster

Threadkiller
Jan 30, 2007
The Superheater
i know its cross conference and kinda out of left field, but everytime the Caps and Flames play ever since the Bourque/Backstrom incident, it's been crazy intense. Those two teams definitely do not like each other.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I consider the rangers a rival. Not as big as the flyers or caps, but I'd day they're next. Had some good battles in the early 90s, not to mention they've been a consistent playoff threat in our division during the crosby/malkin era unlike any other team. More of a rival than the isles imo.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It looks like the Pens and Blue Jackets are starting a new heated rivalry.

JCLiponfanboy*

I wouldn't really consider it a rivalry as it is more one sided, but Winnipeg and Arizona is close to one.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Then maybe it's one-sided. All I know is I barely consider Flyers-Rangers a rivalry anymore because the fans get along. Guess what we agree on...
This is a ridiculous statement. Have you ever been to a Rangers-Flyers game?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is a ridiculous statement. Have you ever been to a Rangers-Flyers game?

I have, and yeah one Rangers fan started abusing two Flyers fans. And you know what happened? The whole section of Rangers fans stood up for the two Flyers fans.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Panthers don't have any rivalries due to lack of success, but I know most of our fans have blood that boils more when we play the Lightning. I think it would certainly become a huge rivalry if we faced one another in the playoffs. Hopefully it happens this season.

Also, when teams such as the Habs, Leafs, and Bruins play down here and bring their thousands of fans with them, but they're not rivalry games. That could change in the coming years if they play each other in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad