Winnipeg-Oilers

Flames-Oilers
Flames-Canucks

Sharks-Kings
Kings-Ducks
Ducks-Sharks

That's all I got.

Aceonfire*

The Jets and Oilers clearly don't like each other but it isn't close to a rivalry yet.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All those Metro division ones you have listed and no Rangers-Penguins. And you're not the only one. Very underrated rivalry. As intense as anything else in the division.

I think it gets overlooked because both teams dislike the Flyers more historically, but when we play Pittsburgh it's on.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
All those Metro division ones you have listed and no Rangers-Penguins. And you're not the only one. Very underrated rivalry. As intense as anything else in the division.

I think it gets overlooked because both teams dislike the Flyers more historically, but when we play Pittsburgh it's on.

you got rid of tortellini, dubinsky, and callahan. if its still a rivalry its one sided

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Flyers-Devils
Flyers-Rangers
Flyers-Penguins
Flyers-Capitals <recently>

That said it seems like a ton of other teams really consider us rivals and there is always a lot of chippiness. Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Ottawa, Tampa Bay and Toronto are always pretty exciting

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
That's it?

Canucks - Oilers
Canucks - Flames
Canucks - Hawks
Canucks - Kings
Canucks - Bruins (3 or 4 games since finals have been heated, but wouldn't take much for it to disappear.)

Canucks - Sharks
Canucks - Ducks

These two just need 1 really bad incident or a playoff series.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
you got rid of tortellini, dubinsky, and callahan. if its still a rivalry its one sided

Depends on your definition of a rivalry. It's a rivalry if we're going to include Penguins-Islanders.

I think it's been overlooked for a long time. I remember in the 90's somebody going after Mario or Mess and a brawl breaking out on more than one occasion.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Flames-Jets

Really? I've never seen much animosity there between either the players or fans. For Jets rivalries, I'd put the Avs, Wild and Oilers ahead of the Flames easily and it's already a bit of a stretch to call those rivalries.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Depends on your definition of a rivalry. It's a rivalry if we're going to include Penguins-Islanders.

I think it's been overlooked for a long time. I remember in the 90's somebody going after Mario or Mess and a brawl breaking out on more than one occasion.

pens-isles is definitely one sided and is not a rivalry

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Then maybe it's one-sided. All I know is I barely consider Flyers-Rangers a rivalry anymore because the fans get along. Guess what we agree on...

Xavier Laflamme*

Then maybe it's one-sided. All I know is I barely consider Flyers-Rangers a rivalry anymore because the fans get along. Guess what we agree on...

That you're all closet Sidney Crosby fans...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

I consider the Rangers way more of a rival than the Caps. More than any team other than the Flyers, really.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
Devils-Rangers
Devils-Flyers
Flyers-Penguins
Flyers-Capitals
Capitals-Penguins
Islanders-Rangers
Islanders-Penguins
Flyers-Rangers
Penguins-Blue Jackets
Flyers-Bruins
Bruins-Habs
Bruins-Leafs
Bruins-Sabres
Senators-Leafs
Senators-Sabres

Blues-Blackhawks
Kings-Ducks
Kings-Sharks
Sharks-Ducks
Canucks-Blackhawks
Flames-Oilers
Flames-Canucks
Stars-Ducks
Avalanche-Wild
Predators-Red Wings (though they're in different conferences now)
Coyotes-Kings

I think if the Jets make the playoffs this year, whoever they face in the first round could turn into their biggest rival. As of now, I'm not sure who their biggest rival would be (Minnesota? St. Louis?)

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Really? I've never seen much animosity there between either the players or fans. For Jets rivalries, I'd put the Avs, Wild and Oilers ahead of the Flames easily and it's already a bit of a stretch to call those rivalries.

We the Flames hate everybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->