Masterton Trophy

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Rangers will probably nominate Lundqvist or Staal just for longevity or overcoming injuries for Staal. Can't think of anyone else really.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Wouldn't surprise me if oilers nominated Mcdavid due to him coming back from a significant knee injury though a intense rehab program.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Flyers nominee may be Nolan Patrick if he does return to playing . Though if Oscar Lindbloom is able to return to playing hockey next season than he deserves to win it for the 2020 - 2021 season .

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
From the Oilers maybe Adam Larsson if anyone was nominated.

Not the guy that was told that he’d likely miss the 2019-2020 season?

McDavid worked insanely hard after getting his PCL torn in half. It’s insane that he is still the leading scorer.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kovalchuk in Montreal could be a nice story if he continues to perform this well through season end. Everyone had written him off and considered him a liability, but he preserved and took a minimum salary 2-way contract in Montreal, and has played fantastic so far.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
From the Oilers maybe Adam Larsson if anyone was nominated.

For coming back from a broken foot he played almost a full game on? Impressive, but not Masterton trophy worthy. Pretty sure McDavid's documentary tomorrow is going to solidify his vote for the Oilers.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It probably should be Stephen Johns this year but Dallas isn't really on the radar for hockey media people who vote on things. So it might not be. He still hasn't fully told his story yet so maybe it generates some coverage . Just fighting back from missing almost 2 years because of career threatening injury is pretty remarkable. He wanted this.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I doubt he would win it or even be a finalist, still for Toronto's choice I would go with Justin Holl. Last season he played only 11 games and was a healthy scratch in their other 71 games. This season he's earned a top 6 spot on their defense and his play got him a new 3 year contract extension.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Zuccarello should get 2 of them after he was robbed in favor of Jagr a few years back. 1 because he deserved it initially, and a 2nd because of the grave injustice he suffered.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Flyers nominee may be Nolan Patrick if he does return to playing . Though if Oscar Lindbloom is able to return to playing hockey next season than he deserves to win it for the 2020 - 2021 season .

Seeing how Ian Laperriere won it in 2011 (also with the Flyers0, despite not playing the year at all, that shouldn't be an issue. Not a decision I liked: while I understand the causes behind him missing the season, the trophy should go to someone who actually played.

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
For the Isles I'd say maybe Pascal Clutterbuck. Had major surgery in the offseason for a ridiculously messed up back, including multiple slipped discs, and was great in the first half of the year. Goes double if he comes back this year from wrist surgery after getting cut by a skate.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Sabres:

olofsson. Just kinda cool to go from 7th rounder to a legit first liner as a rookie 24 year old.

bogosian, because injuries. I wouldn’t like that pick, just wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen.

those would be my picks for my team, definitely better cases around the league though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad