TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I've yet to finish the latest episode but I'm worried there won't be any outdoor challenges this season

Even worse, the mystery box is the elimination challenge

in previous seasons the bottom 3 would have to compete in the elimination challenge. They still can put it back in but no outdoor challenges and no elimination challenges isn't a good thing

I don't really care for team challenges. Save that for hell's kitchen

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well the Covid break certainly left it's marks on Autumn and Kelsey, albeit in different ways. :laugh:

I have a feeling next week's team challenge girls vs boys will be a massacre. I'd guess Michael is going home then.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well the Covid break certainly left it's marks on Autumn and Kelsey, albeit in different ways. :laugh:

I have a feeling next week's team challenge girls vs boys will be a massacre. I'd guess Michael is going home then.

Well I was half right. The team challenge was a massacre of sorts. Did not expect Abe to go home though. Kelsey was saved by Michael being a vegan and sucking at cooking meat in the French cuisine episode. Honestly, the three women deserve to be the finalist, if it is a final three.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Finally caught up.

Abe going out before Michael was a travesty. Michael had no business lasting this long he couldn't cook a protein or plate to save his life.

Abe was young but has a ton of potential as a chef, diverse background, interesting flavour profiles, just needs to be developed.

Kelsey was the clear frontrunner before last episode where she shit the bed. Her and Autumn are the best, but Alejandro has a lot of talent if he can hone it in. Usually he f***s himself over though.

Reactions: TNT87
Sep 19, 2008
Final was yesterday. Pretty solid season this year even with all the challenges taking place in the MC kitchen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kelsey a worthy winner. I think it was between her and Autumn. Those two were really the standouts of the season. Autumn was never on the bottom three. I also really liked how supportive of each the finalists were, Kelsey offering her oven for Autumn when hers wasn't working. :clap:

IT's obvious Covid left a mark on the season. IIRC, Grant Achatz was one of the "legends" whose picture was on the wall but he never made an appearance. If they continue with the legends format for next season, I can imagine him appearing then. And if they never do an outdoor team challenge again, I'm happy. They really served little purpose and created unnecessary drama. This season had none and it made it so much better.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Thought it was just a so-so season for the most part. Some of the dishes seemed a little underwhelming for a finale. Still wish they'd go back to just two finalists, rather than add the 3rd, but that's just me.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Kelsey was the best all year.

I am the opposite of @Jussi , give me ALL the team challenges.

Real chef's have to learn to work under pressure, most of the cooks want to open a restaurant, they need experience with these types of things.

Reactions: John Price

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I also think Covid might prevent mass outdoor challenges next season still. I mean the final only had recently eliminate contestants, who I imagine were all in the bubble, as the audience. My first idea would be to cook for healthcare workers but it might be difficult to find available ones and it might also be considered too risky for them by their employers. I preferred smaller teams inside the studio. The studio seems big enough to handle even bigger teams than 3 a piece.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Kelsey annoyed the hell out of me. Almost turned it off when she tried to say how technique driven she is compared to Autumn and Suu and then went on to absolutely butcher the tartar.

Wish Autumn won.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kelsey annoyed the hell out of me. Almost turned it off when she tried to say how technique driven she is compared to Autumn and Suu and then went on to absolutely butcher the tartar.

Wish Autumn won.

Autumn screwed up with the salty broth and the risotto.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I thought this was a great season; no annoying, drama-filled remote team challenges and I actually liked this, more intimate, finale setting without the noisy cheering families and fans.

However, I can't believe they got rid of that masterchef trophy *swoosh* sound effect!

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I thought Autumn had it. Kelsey is so boring.

I thought it was obvious that when she couldn't nail the risotto that her chances of winning decreased. I can honestly believe that the margins were really close and had she either nailed the risotto or cut down on the salt in the broth, she would have had it. But you could tell those 3 ladies were really close and so supportive and happy for each other that I didn't really mind who won it. I think the lack of team challenges decreased the drama and increased the comradery between the contestants, because no one had to try and throw someone under the bus.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Finally done with the whole season. Kelsey was the definitely the best and deserved to win it.

Michael was a joke. Too bad that Tay got booted because he forgot something. Joseph got screwed because of Anne. Abe was solid and should have not left before Michael and Alejandro.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From reddit:

On the subject of Autumn anyone else notice she posted on her IG stories asking for anyone who can get a fake Vaccination card. I liked her until I saw that. Kinda shocking.

Aaaand I just found out she's had 2 OnlyFans accounts.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not surprising

Pictures can be found at reddit under KittyBoston. I wonder how much the producers like that video where she's wearing the white apron with her name and not much underneath... :laugh: (the conspiracy theorists of course will think that the producers found out and that's why she didn't win). Turns out she did modeling 7 or 8 years ago already when she was skinnier. Google image search with just her first and last name came up with them. :laugh:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Pictures can be found at reddit under KittyBoston. I wonder how much the producers like that video where she's wearing the white apron with her name and not much underneath... :laugh: (the conspiracy theorists of course will think that the producers found out and that's why she didn't win). Turns out she did modeling 7 or 8 years ago already when she was skinnier. Google image search with just her first and last name came up with them. :laugh:
So she’s essentially just another Instagram Thot.

Conspiracy ppl can say what they want but Kelsey was the better cook from the very start.

Reactions: John Price

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So she’s essentially just another Instagram Thot.

Conspiracy ppl can say what they want but Kelsey was the better cook from the very start.

Kitty Autumn is her instagram handle. But she can actually cook too. Oh, apparently the injury happened when she was watching old home videos of her sisters piling up on each other and in the remake, she ended up on the bottom and someone jumped on her leg and it broke into a million pieces. :eek:

Reactions: KapG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad