TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Wonder who's going to be the "bad cop" now that Joe is gone. Gordon's mostly been a nice guy in this show.

Can't wait for those Gordon Ramsay ego trip episodes where he fillets a salmon or something like that.

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Bobbly flay eh? Not a bad choice, but still wish Joe was back.

Excited for this as I'm a fan of anything with GR in it. Currently filling the cooking void with MC Canada but its really not as good as the American one.

Thanks for the heads up Mike!

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Oh, she's hot and pretty good. She was on Conan a few weeks ago.

Well, as long as she's hot ;).

So who is gonna be the ******* of this season? Or are they all gonna be very nice to everyone? Will be a shame if there is no "tough love" judge....

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Christina Tosi is unacceptable.

Cat Cora would have also been acceptable. But if it had been Bobby Flay, that would have been fun. Gordon and him don't like each other very much.

Slopo

Nov 3, 2011
An into segment on Tosi. The clip shows a number of the contestants this year, so spoilers.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Glad Joe's gone. He was insufferable. Still can't believe that "I'm eating this meal with my eyes" line

I will never forget the finale last year, Gordon and Graham thought that Courtney's dish was too salty, and Joe comes in and says "this salty dessert is an intellectual dish." It doesn't get any more pretentious and obvious than that.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I will never forget the finale last year, Gordon and Graham thought that Courtney's dish was too salty, and Joe comes in and says "this salty dessert is an intellectual dish." It doesn't get any more pretentious and obvious than that.

I still can't believe Courtney won that season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, as long as she's hot ;).

So who is gonna be the ******* of this season? Or are they all gonna be very nice to everyone? Will be a shame if there is no "tough love" judge....

Actually adorable might be a better word, based on her appearances on Conan.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I can. She was consistently good and along with the finalist, was in her own class.

Except she screwed up the final dish. As mentioned, she put too much salt into it, while the other contestant's dish was near perfect. If Joe hadn't pulled that bull about it being an "intellectual's dish", Courtney probably would have lost.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
In that season, during one of the earlier challenges Courtney ****ed a basic Pizza beyond recognition and should have been gone that week considering her dish was by far the worst thing a contestant had ever put out on the show, yet they kept her around.

It's obvious that the producers had her penciled in to win from the get-go.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
In that season, during one of the earlier challenges Courtney ****ed a basic Pizza beyond recognition and should have been gone that week considering her dish was by far the worst thing a contestant had ever put out on the show, yet they kept her around.

It's obvious that the producers had her penciled in to win from the get-go.

Also during one of the earlier challenges she used salt instead of sugar in her donuts, essentially making them inedible, but the judges kept her around as she had a better track record than the other contestant. I don't get why confusing sugar with salt was such a common theme in that season.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Except she screwed up the final dish. As mentioned, she put too much salt into it, while the other contestant's dish was near perfect. If Joe hadn't pulled that bull about it being an "intellectual's dish", Courtney probably would have lost.

Elizabeth screwed up her main course. All plates should be the same, and it wasn't the case.

But anyway, those competitions are always played up and dramatize to ridiculous extent. It's hard for me to take every thing we see as truth.

Sep 19, 2008
Guessing they'll omit auditions again and just throw 20 people into the kitchen like last year. :laugh:

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
If you guys find the decisions made on who goes on in MC are hard to tolerate watch MC Junior. As far as I can remember, the winner of the last season should've been sent home at least one time on a challenge earlier on and he ended up moving on based on... I really don't know... the fact that he had potential? I don't get it honestly. If somebody ****s up the worst they should go home end of story IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad