OT: Mary Poppins: "Cancer, Alzheimers, bed bugs, and black widows, (insert your own) ...these are a few of my favorite things."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't know what the market is like now, but I will tell you that 20 years ago, summer jobs were nigh impossible to find. I applied to over 110 places in OP/Hamburg/West Seneca and had nothing. I eventually got hired for 2 shifts a week because my friend's older brother worked at a pizza place. Nobody wanted a seasonal employee.
The issue isn't a lack of jobs. Last summer he made the choice to just hang out instead of go back to his previous summer job being a lifeguard at the waterpark at Seabreeze.

My dad asked him if he needed help finding a job last night and Nate said he has 2 interviews this week. Hopefully one of those works out.

He thinks it will be easy to get a job at a quick oil change place for the summer or an auto parts store. I hope he gets something that is a little better.

There is an auto shop near us that is reportedly looking for help and a Tim's Trim that he could walk to from my house has had a Help Wanted sign for an automotive tech out for weeks...

But, he's going to do what he wants to do...

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
The issue isn't a lack of jobs. Last summer he made the choice to just hang out instead of go back to his previous summer job being a lifeguard at the waterpark at Seabreeze.

My dad asked him if he needed help finding a job last night and Nate said he has 2 interviews this week. Hopefully one of those works out.

He thinks it will be easy to get a job at a quick oil change place for the summer or an auto parts store. I hope he gets something that is a little better.

There is an auto shop near us that is reportedly looking for help and a Tim's Trim that he could walk to from my house has had a Help Wanted sign for an automotive tech out for weeks...

But, he's going to do what he wants to do...

Lifeguard is like, the staple summer job. Are any of those other things seasonal? That was the issue I ran into - I was willing to work weekends, overnights, whatever, but as soon as the interviewer heard "summer", the interview stopped and I was told too bad so sad.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Lifeguard is like, the staple summer job. Are any of those other things seasonal? That was the issue I ran into - I was willing to work weekends, overnights, whatever, but as soon as the interviewer heard "summer", the interview stopped and I was told too bad so sad.
While being home for the summer will hurt his chances with some employers, some might be so desperate for help that they hire him even if it is for three months.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad