Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I feel like they can use Loki S2 as an offramp for Kang's storyline:
- Kang the Conqueror was defeated by Antman, confirmed by Mobius
- He Who Remains was replaced by Loki
- Victor Timely is good and helping the TVA
- The remaining variants are being hunted down by the new TVA

They can just explain that the TVA was successful in eradicating all the Kang variants that are threats.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I imagine that Disney wants to put this controversy and disastrous phase of the MCU behind them and will use this as the perfect excuse to go in a new direction with a new main villain.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala
Sep 19, 2008
As of now, the actor who played the main villain was dropped. Not the main villain.
recasting him would be weird. Wonder how it'd be explained

are they just going to act like majors didn't exist and retcon loki and ant man like they cgid the star wars movies to throw in anakin

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

are they just going to act like majors didn't exist and retcon loki and ant man like they cgid the star wars movies to throw in anakin

Either they re-cast and continue the story, with a new actor as a different Kang variant that we haven't seen, or they re-think of a new big bad and pivot accordingly. The obvious would be Dr Doom but at this point I don't think they can give him the proper runway and build up he deserves to be effective.

Probably easier to go with the first option. The introduction of the multi-verse can allow them to re-cast easily under the guise of a new variant. Problem is we have seen so many Kang variant's of Majors, I don't know how they just make them "go away".

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I don't think it even needs to be explained going forward, most people now know he was found guilty and fired. Just treat it like a new James Bond casting and move on.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

As others have said...why does it need to be explained? To answer the bolded...yes. Just have Jonathan Boyega come in and take over Kang. No need to explain.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
They didn't explain Don Cheadle as Rhodes.
But they did explain Iron Man, Capt, and Black Panther. I think all was unnecessary, except maybe CA as the Falcon gives the character a new dynamic.

Also not sure about BW. Did Johansson want out?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
But they did explain Iron Man, Capt, and Black Panther. I think all was unnecessary, except maybe CA as the Falcon gives the character a new dynamic.

Also not sure about BW. Did Johansson want out?
Not sure what you mean when were Iron Man, Captain America and Black Panther recast? I mean Capt retired and a new captain america was chosen by him. BP died in real life so they did like in the comics and looks like they are making his sister the new BP. Iron Man is not part of the MCU right now in any form I am aware of.

Reactions: Vaheh

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not sure what you mean when were Iron Man, Captain America and Black Panther recast? I mean Capt retired and a new captain america was chosen by him. BP died in real life so they did like in the comics and looks like they are making his sister the new BP. Iron Man is not part of the MCU right now in any form I am aware of.
I just mean that, Evans and RDJ (Scarlet too?) were done with their roles and obviously Chadwick passed and instead of simply recasting and continuing on their main path, they had to rewrite storylines and explain within the MCU why there's a different actor. This makes writers have to totally pivot. Plus, there are a million good untold Stark and Black Widow stories that won't be told.

I just think that, instead of changing their stories to accommodate an actor's choice in real life, just recast and stay on the path. Fans get that actors move on or tragically pass, or in this case, get in trouble with the law.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I just mean that, Evans and RDJ (Scarlet too?) were done with their roles and obviously Chadwick passed and instead of simply recasting and continuing on their main path, they had to rewrite storylines and explain within the MCU why there's a different actor. This makes writers have to totally pivot. Plus, there are a million good untold Stark and Black Widow stories that won't be told.

I just think that, instead of changing their stories to accommodate an actor's choice in real life, just recast and stay on the path. Fans get that actors move on or tragically pass, or in this case, get in trouble with the law.
I get that and agree when something like this happens but I don't think they changed anything for those other characters, these were the plans from the start, more or less. Cap would find the life he never got and grow old, Black Widow would die etc. Stark would sacrifice himself. The only one that required a change was Black Panther as they didn't want to recast the same role and continue as nothing happened because of the way Boswman was great in the role and how he died from cancer so young.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I get that and agree when something like this happens but I don't think they changed anything for those other characters, these were the plans from the start, more or less. Cap would find the life he never got and grow old, Black Widow would die etc. Stark would sacrifice himself. The only one that required a change was Black Panther as they didn't want to recast the same role and continue as nothing happened because of the way Boswman was great in the role and how he died from cancer so young.
Not sure if that's totally true. Both RDJ and Chris Evan's contracts were up and they were both vocal that they were done with those roles. In hindsight, the endings to both of the characters ended up being iconic, but I'd think Disney would have loved to keep them in their roles. Both could/should have just been recast as have Boseman.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure if that's totally true. Both RDJ and Chris Evan's contracts were up and they were both vocal that they were done with those roles. In hindsight, the endings to both of the characters ended up being iconic, but I'd think Disney would have loved to keep them in their roles. Both could/should have just been recast as have Boseman.
Well RDJ is rumored to be coming back in some form so we shall see lol.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

That seems like a 'be careful what you wish for' thing. While I agree in exceptional circumstances, such as with Majors here and to a lesser extent Boseman (respect for the deceased and all), I feel like if you just start swapping out actors like they're James Bond or Dr. Who you could run into a whole different set of problems.

Probably fine for to do for your dedicated comic book fan, but for the regular movie audience that's made the whole MCU experience so successful to this point? They already have a hard time keeping up with all the interconnecting storylines and such, this would only makes it worse. It also keeps the roster size in check as there's unlike comic books there's only so many characters you can bring into the fold at a time for the big screen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad