Marty Biron Retires

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Marty was one of my favorite Sabres.

Sign him up to take Rob Rays place next year!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It'd be pretty awesome to see Biron come here for being the color guy or something. Likes to talk hockey and is pretty interesting/funny.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Marty was one of my favorite Sabres.

Sign him up to take Rob Rays place next year!
Actually, Kypreos just said that Ray will be fired immediately, to be replaced by Marty. He's got to get one right sometime.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Actually, Kypreos just said that Ray will be fired immediately, to be replaced by Marty. He's got to get one right sometime.
Ahh that Kypreos, he knows everything before it happens. He's so smart (S-M-R-T)

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
All the best. Still remember watching Marty as a prospect in the Q outduelling JS Giguere's heavily favored Mooseheads, he was spectacular. That Halifax team he beat also had the likes of Patrick Elias and Jody Shelley (who was awesome in Junior, FYI).

That fight with Emery is and was my favorite memory of Marty B, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Andrew Peters ‏@76_AndrewPeters 14m

Marty Biron will join @kevsylvester and myself on Tuesday for Hockey Hotline on @WGR550 Tune in!

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That fight with Emery is and was my favorite memory of Marty B, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Oh, god yes. How skinny, little, amiable frenchy skated out to tangle with Mike Tyson, got ****ing walloped, and then grabbed Emery's leg as he was trying to skate away and tripped him for his trouble. So ****ing good.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Andrew Peters ‏@76_AndrewPeters 14m

Marty Biron will join @kevsylvester and myself on Tuesday for Hockey Hotline on @WGR550 Tune in!

Note to Andrew Peters: "myself" is only correct when I am the subject, as in "I hit myself in the face with a hammer." It should be, "Marty will join me..."
Sorry, but I HATE that.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

They don't even have to fire Ray, stick Biron in the booth and Ray won't get a chance to speak!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Seriously, get him in the org before anyone else gets a chance at him.

I think he would be grabbed by a national TV network. Canadian. Even NBCSN would be smart to pick him up. I think Kevin O. mentioned the same.

Edit:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC 22m
Little doubt you'll see @martybiron43 as network in-studio or game analyst. Just a matter of best fit for him. Get on it, @NHLonNBCSports.

Last edited:

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
They don't even have to fire Ray, stick Biron in the booth and Ray won't get a chance to speak!

And neither will RJ or Dan, depending on who's doing PBP...:)

To follow up on Jacob's post: IF Biron gets hired by NBCSN, if he can take Milbury's spot...all will be well with the world.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Best wishes to him. Great team player. He would be a hoot in the broadcast booth.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
And neither will RJ or Dan, depending on who's doing PBP...:)

To follow up on Jacob's post: IF Biron gets hired by NBCSN, if he can take Milbury's spot...all will be well with the world.

The problem is I'm not sure Biron would be controversial enough. Milbury's role is to create controversy which grabs attention. Much like Don Cherry on HNiC. People tune in to see what idiocy they spout this time...it's like a trainwreck. You can't look away.

Maybe Biron will go into coaching: "OK Coach I'll do it just please shut up!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad