Marty Biron Retires

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Create a new position...Put him behind the bench with a bullhorn..Official Trash Talker for the Buffalo Sabres. :rant:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
One of the most well loved Sabres of all time. Really hope he sticks with the Sabres one day. Maybe as a color guy to Dunleavy.

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Note to Andrew Peters: "myself" is only correct when I am the subject, as in "I hit myself in the face with a hammer." It should be, "Marty will join me..."
Sorry, but I HATE that.

Actually, the correct way to say it would be, "Marty will join Kevin Sylvester and I in the studio." References to oneself is always last in a list...if you wanna be proper, that is. Everyone's lazy and/or subliminally self-centered with the whole "me and others" listing :laugh:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Actually, the correct way to say it would be, "Marty will join Kevin Sylvester and I in the studio." References to oneself is always last in a list...if you wanna be proper, that is. Everyone's lazy and/or subliminally self-centered with the whole "me and others" listing :laugh:

"Marty will join I in the studio." "Marty will join me in the studio." Which one of those do you reckon is correct?

As a point of reference, it'd be "Kevin Sylvester and I will be in the studio today" and not "Me and Kevin Sylvester will be in the studio today".

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
"Marty will join I in the studio." "Marty will join me in the studio." Which one of those do you reckon is correct?

As a point of reference, it'd be "Kevin Sylvester and I will be in the studio today" and not "Me and Kevin Sylvester will be in the studio today".

Actually, the preferred form is, "Kevin and I have been sacked, to be replaced by 'The Marty Biron Show', starting Tuesday."

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The problem is I'm not sure Biron would be controversial enough. Milbury's role is to create controversy which grabs attention. Much like Don Cherry on HNiC. People tune in to see what idiocy they spout this time...it's like a trainwreck. You can't look away.

Maybe Biron will go into coaching: "OK Coach I'll do it just please shut up!"
Milbury creates controversy by breathing oxygen which could otherwise be consumed by other humans.
No... that's wrong too.

Paxons is correct, and the bolded is the method one should use to test if one is uncertain.

can't believe this hasn't be posted yet:

Forgot about that one...amazing!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad