Confirmed with Link: Martinook re-signs 3x$1.8m

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Surprised at the number, but I'm guessing this is one where Martinook knows what he might get on the market and wants to stay.

Happy to have him, and it appears cap won't be an issue with Hamilton gone.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Around $1 million overpaid and should have been 1 year instead of 3. But if he is THE locker room glue then maybe that is worth $1 million a year. Maybe a Rod demand.

Yeah it's funny how after all the insistence on not overpaying, we're locking in a 4th liner that doesn't produce anything for 3 years. I think we all like this because of his leadership, but it definitely flies in the face of the front office philosophy.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I wonder if they were even talking at all until the TDA leak yesterday afternoon.

Wonder if this is the response to the backlash? "See? Here's this guy you really like!"

I don't think the team would overpay a player to make the fans happy, hasn't been their MO.

I'm happy he's back as I love the guy for our locker room, but man that's just too much $ and for too long for this team to invest in right now. We can easily duplicate his on-ice production for much cheaper, and we may need every penny. Oh well, is what it is at this point. Hope he can get back to his 2018-19 level after his play tailed off a bit the last 2 years.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Love the guy, but this contract is brutal. For what he brings on the ice hes a replacement level player. both term and money are too much. Hes a 1 year `1 mil player.

Reactions: geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad