Martin St. Louis

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
When Marty is retired, feelings will soften I'm sure. One day I'll cheer him again as his number is lifted to the rafters. But, while he's still playing, he'll get nothing but boooooooos from me.

But, throwing a jersey seems disrespectful to the team in general. Sadly, just throwing a St. Louis nameplate on the ice won't be nearly as noticeable. Maybe if several people threw St. Louis plates on the ice at a pause it would be noticeable enough to make a statement without feeling like EDM.

Throw pacifiers of course. :cry:

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
When Marty is retired, feelings will soften I'm sure. One day I'll cheer him again as his number is lifted to the rafters. But, while he's still playing, he'll get nothing but boooooooos from me.

But, throwing a jersey seems disrespectful to the team in general. Sadly, just throwing a St. Louis nameplate on the ice won't be nearly as noticeable. Maybe if several people threw St. Louis plates on the ice at a pause it would be noticeable enough to make a statement without feeling like EDM.

Everyone knows this right! And as much as I didn't like what happen in some crazy way of events it helped the lightning.

And I would like to be the first to cheer when they do lift number 26 into the rafters.

But before all that I will be always happy if he doesn't ever produce for the Rangers.

you actually must not be in reality if you think in 5 or 10 or 20 years the fans won't cheer when his number goes up in the rafters.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan - 10 Goals in 27 Games with Tampa

MSL - 2 Goals in 29 Games with Rangers

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
please share this is want I would like to see. thanks.

Why not just have St. Louis play defense too? He's done so well at center... let's try another position!

Then he'd only need to suit up as goalie to have the tri (quad?)-fecta of positions played in a season.

MSL was, for me, our worst player tonight. This crap with him playing C has got to stop and stop fast. I think he's finished even as a shadow of the goalscorer he was with Tampa and if we're to rely on him just for assists, he needs to be back in his normal place instead of covering the middle area, which he clearly can't do. He has no sense of positioning there and on defense he keeps getting drawn to the boards and leaves the middle wide open. He also has zero presence in front of the opponents' net for rebounds and loose pucks, can never win a board battle either. And that breakaway...What the **** did he call that?

Yzerman must be laughing his ass off with how he fleeced us for two picks in a rich draft and Callahan. Sather is single-handedly making Tampa a contender.

Him playing center prevents him from driving play up the ice. He's terrible trying to make plays from the center of the ice. The guy has made an almost 1000 point career from working down low to the right of the net.

Give MSL a Tampa Jersey to wear, maybe then he'll score.
That was pathetic Marty...
MSL is terrible.
What the hell did MSL do on his breakaway? Guaranteed that if he was still on Tampa that would have been in.
The guy has been terrible goalscoring wise as a Ranger. The sample size is getting large.

There ya go.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
Callahan - 10 Goals in 27 Games with Tampa

MSL - 2 Goals in 29 Games with Rangers

eblgxr.gif

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lol guy ruined his career stats wise easily couldve had 80+points this and last year playing with stamkos in a system that suits him

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Just a thought, MSL said he's still going to play after his contract expires this year, but how funny would it be if the Rangers don't want to resign him.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Anybody else think that MSL demanding a trade was in hidnsight the best thing that could have happened to the Lightning? Callahan is playing excellent with a combination of play style and skill level we didn't really have and has the same number of points in 3 less games than MSL, two first round picks, and at least the possibility that Callahan's recruiting led to signing Stralman and Boyle.

Posted this on the main board...

Kostka for Stralman
Malone for Boyle
St. Louis for Callahan who despite Callahan playing 3 less games are tied in points.
TB's 2nd in '15 for NYR's 1st in '14, NYR's 1st in '15 and NYR's 7th in '15.

Ouch, if a poster proposed that it would have been locked for being unrealistic.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Anybody else think that MSL demanding a trade was in hidnsight the best thing that could have happened to the Lightning? Callahan is playing excellent with a combination of play style and skill level we didn't really have and has the same number of points in 3 less games than MSL, two first round picks, and at least the possibility that Callahan's recruiting led to signing Stralman and Boyle.

Ouch, if a poster proposed that it would have been locked for being unrealistic.

Oh man if the Rangers somehow manage to suck enough that we end up with either Hanifin or Kylington from the draft, that's just beyond highway robbery.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah it's like a domino effect, or a ripple effect.

Rangers wanted to keep Callahan, the money was not the issue, it was that job security. Same reason why they let Stralman walk. These guys don't want to wake up one morning and get that phone call that they have been traded. It happens to the average player and the greats. Players want that job security so they don't need to move their family around.

Ranger fans were chirping yesterday morning because they got wind of the Cally injury. NHL did not make any news when he went down, only when he came back, so they likely just found out about it. So what happens when they bash him again? Their top D goes down. Karma is around, and that's why I keep a "I don't care how the Rangers do, unless they are playing Tampa" attitude. Don't wish anything bad on the team either, but if they are going to keep bashing Callahan, they really have serious issues. Honestly, most Rangers fans wanted him to stay. Which is why he will get cheers on Nov 17th.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I don't know how to feel about this. Not happy with Marty and it's going to take a long time to get over it...but. It's sad to see him doing badly. I've got tickets for the Rangers game, but I'm not going to boo him. I won't cheer either, I think silence is my path.

As far as watching the Rangers all season, eh. They've got issues, but when they get healthy again, they could be a force.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
What will you do on Nov. 26th when the smurf comes back to Tampa? I for one will be throwing my St. Louis sweater on the ice. Will I kicked out of arena if done say during TV timeout?

Throwing my t-shirt. Would throw my sweater, but it's signed by people I still like.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
What will you do on Nov. 26th when the smurf comes back to Tampa? I for one will be throwing my St. Louis sweater on the ice. Will I kicked out of arena if done say during TV timeout?

Throwing my t-shirt. Would throw my sweater, but it's signed by people I still like.

If it gets disruptive with people throwing stuff on the ice can't the refs give the Lightning a delay of game penalty.

I mean, they don't usually. People throw crap on the ice all over the league (waffles, jerseys, octopi), but can't you just see it happening to us? The midget would probably score on the ensuing PP too.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't like the throwing of jerseys/t-shirts. Yeah, it's disrespectful to the name on the back, but it's also disrespectful to the logo on the front.

Just boo him loudly and have some rude-ass signs.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

So what you're saying is, St. Louis is Batman. He did something horrible for the greater good. Our hero is now a monster. We'll hate him because he can take it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad