Martin St. Louis

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
I agree that with last season behind us, Marty begging out has benefitted us going forward. I think the distraction took wind out of our sails last year but with Bishop going down, we were sunk in the playoffs regardless. Now, we have younger talent, picks and flexibility to show for it. In addition, we don't run into the awkward situation of what to do with Marty when he starts slowing down. While I know Coop and Steve would do what is best for the team, it's awkward to see your Captain not offered a solid contract when time to re-up or tumble down the depth chart if under contract with flagging results. It hurt, like a bandaid- but now we're better for it.

Have fun on Broadway, Marty. Last year was your last shot unless you sign elsewhere as a hired gun after this year.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Just watching the way the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line is functioning, seeing that this team is averaging ~3.5 G/G despite being besieged by injuries and such, and it just really jumps out to me how this team doesn't miss Marty at all. They weren't even missing him down the stretch last year, although his postseason experience would've likely been very nice (whatever).

The fact that Marty has one goal and six points in ten games while playing an unusual role in an ill-suited offense just makes it even sweeter. I mean, whatever. He made his own bed and while it sucks for him that his offensive numbers have cliff-dived, it's his own fault that they have.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I agree that with last season behind us, Marty begging out has benefitted us going forward. I think the distraction took wind out of our sails last year but with Bishop going down, we were sunk in the playoffs regardless. Now, we have younger talent, picks and flexibility to show for it. In addition, we don't run into the awkward situation of what to do with Marty when he starts slowing down. While I know Coop and Steve would do what is best for the team, it's awkward to see your Captain not offered a solid contract when time to re-up or tumble down the depth chart if under contract with flagging results. It hurt, like a bandaid- but now we're better for it.

Have fun on Broadway, Marty. Last year was your last shot unless you sign elsewhere as a hired gun after this year.

If he signs anywhere other than New York next year it will make his excuses for having to leave like he did even more ******** than we all already know it was.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Yeah, we made out like gangbusters if you think about it. Shiz, we should thank him. Callahan adds a gritty presence we needed, plus two 1st round picks. We have plenty of scoring with the youth doing so well. He screwed himself, basically:laugh:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hate to be that guy, but can we lock this thread? The dude isn't a player on the Lightning.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
Yep.

Nothing constructive is ever going to come out of this thread.

I think we've all moved on so let's lock this bad boy up.

but how will we coordinate when to throw the pacifiers on november 26th?

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
The only thing I care about the rangers are losses. If they aren't losing to give us a better chance at a top three pick, I don't care.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
It's possible I'm misremembering it, but I thought there was an interview in the playoffs this year in which he said something to the effect of, "As a veteran you have to provide an example for the kids on your team in the playoffs." I was preaching patience when the trade happening, but that seemed like a strange statement to make.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Interesting. Ventured onto the Rangers board to see if they had a player discussion thread for Marty. They did, but it was buried 18 pages in. No one has posted in it since June.

martythread_zps8d23e1da.jpg

Not feeling much love up in the Big Apple, then...? Doubt he ever would have been been that forgotten on the Lightning boards, even before the trade hyped everyone up about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad