Confirmed with Link: Martin St. Louis retires

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
HandsomeHideousBlowfish.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's ironic , don't people usually go to Florida to retire after working their career in NY? Maybe it's a new trend?

Oh and funny gif . Lol

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What a way to go out. If we had him maybe he retires a champion? Maybe not. We will never know.

Good luck Marty. Enjoy your retirement. Thank you for all the great years and the countless memories you gave me as a fan. Most importantly, thank you for the Stanley Cup.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Who's the best?

And of course he'll have his # retired-and it should be. However only after Vinny-he deserves to be the first Lightning to have his # retired.

Vinny deserves his own night, a new car, and a huge banner ceremony.

MSL night deserves urinal cakes with his number on them for us fans.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
In the end we granted Marty's wishes. Family and his retirement location were most important to him. My guess is he comes up short on the number retirement, statue and HOF.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
In the end we granted Marty's wishes. Family and his retirement location were most important to him. My guess is he comes up short on the number retirement, statue and HOF.

He'll be in the HOF, but he isn't getting a statue or a flag in the rafters.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
People are out to lunch at 3 am if they think MSL doesn't get his jersey retired.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
People are out to lunch at 3 am if they think MSL doesn't get his jersey retired.

Well there's two ways it doesn't happen:

1) Vinik truly does not believe in retiring numbers. In that case it's not anything against Marty, just a stubborn owner with his own ideas about tradition.

2) Marty absolutely refuses to make up with the organization. Or maybe not at least while Yzerman is still around. Then we might be waiting a while.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

1) Vinik truly does not believe in retiring numbers. In that case it's not anything against Marty, just a stubborn owner with his own ideas about tradition.

2) Marty absolutely refuses to make up with the organization. Or maybe not at least while Yzerman is still around. Then we might be waiting a while.

1) Is there a case of this in other sports? I don't see that as an issue.

2) A proud guy like Marty wont pass up a chance for all to see his greatness

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

All I'm saying is that Vinik needs to retire #4 when it's all said and done. Or I riot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad