Confirmed with Link: Martin St. Louis retires

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Hope he's happy going forward. Bygones and so on.

Just realized when I read the main board thread, his last game was a playoff loss to Tampa. That's actually kind of fitting.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I wonder why, oh well, happy retirement MSL, maybe it was for the better, like what Lidström said when he retired that it was better to leave the game then have the game leave you, hope he gets to spend more time with his family now and that he find something else to do.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
One of the best players in Lightning history, and one of the worst Captains. I hope you enjoy your retirement, Marty. Thanks for the memories.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Winging It In Motown retweeted
DetroitHockey.Net ‏@detroithockey96 4m4 minutes ago
@wingingitmotown In four or five years he'll want to be traded to the Baseball Hall of Fame
View conversation 2 retweets 3 favorites
Reply Retweeted2 Favorited3 Follow
More
Winging It In Motown ‏@wingingitmotown 5m5 minutes ago
How long before Marty St. Louis demands to be traded out of retirement?

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Great hockey player. Despised by hockey fans from Tampa Bay to New York

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The best player in our franchise's history.
Hate him or not he deserves his number raised.

Hope he enjoys all the time he will finally have with his family

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Its really a shame that he left the Tampa organization on such bad terms, and I wasn't happy with his reasons for leaving, but he did. There is an upside to it tho, if he didn't leave there's a possibility we don't get Boyle and Stralman thanks to Callahans recruiting.

I wish Marty all the best, in a few years maybe he'll come back to the organization and we'll see his jersey retired. We can't deny the history and what he brought/did for this team. I hope to see his jersey beside Vinny's in the rafters some day.

Thanks MSL

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Bunch of bitter, whiny, scorned lovers on here.

Grow up and get over it. A man gave over a decade of his life to your favorite sports team. Simple as that.

I ain't mad at cha, Marty!

Greatest player in my favorite teams history.

Lecavaliers Stick

Nov 16, 2014
Finland
All the good memories were kinda hindered by his actions in his last season with the Lightning. But hope he has a nice retirement and stuff.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thanks Marty, have nothing against you, I'm glad you did what you did, would not be a Bolts fan now. Some things are driven by fate, and all fall in place for a reason.

Only wish for Callahan to make his mark on this team. EC championship is good, but not the ultimate prize.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Winging It In Motown retweeted
DetroitHockey.Net ‏@detroithockey96 4m4 minutes ago
@wingingitmotown In four or five years he'll want to be traded to the Baseball Hall of Fame
View conversation 2 retweets 3 favorites
Reply Retweeted2 Favorited3 Follow
More
Winging It In Motown ‏@wingingitmotown 5m5 minutes ago
How long before Marty St. Louis demands to be traded out of retirement?
Robert you need to really get over the Marty thing thank him for his years and move on. In a way if that trade request did not happen we don't get stralman and we don't make the finals last year. So best wishes Marty good luck.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
TBL will hang his number in the rafters and thank him for the tools to rebuild. Maybe he explained to Stevie Y. was retiring soon, and wanted to do what is best for the teams future. I would welcome him back in any side role to the Lightning. I hated when we traded him, but the guy was the best player in the history of the Lightning bar none. Stamkos has a lot to get to Marty's level or greatness.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
TBL will hang his number in the rafters and thank him for the tools to rebuild. Maybe he explained to Stevie Y. was retiring soon, and wanted to do what is best for the teams future. I would welcome him back in any side role to the Lightning. I hated when we traded him, but the guy was the best player in the history of the Lightning bar none. Stamkos has a lot to get to Marty's level or greatness.

I agree, except for the number retirement. I believe it was established under Vinik that the Lightning won't retire numbers. You can get a statue, or some other expression of appreciation, but number retirement is out.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I agree, except for the number retirement. I believe it was established under Vinik that the Lightning won't retire numbers. You can get a statue, or some other expression of appreciation, but number retirement is out.

I think Marty's number 26 should be retired in Tampa. Vinik needs to sign him to a one day contract and do that. Yzerman needs to be the bigger person and do what's right. You have to respect the history Marty did for this team.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
He has better chance to win cup in retirement than with the Lightning. :sarcasm:

Let us not allow 2 bad years to outweigh his 10+ good years.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Really? We're gonna have a **** ton of statues out there on the plaza. Vinny & Marty both have to have some sort of thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad