Waived: Martin Marincin

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well he'd help out the Marlies better than Holl, but that is only because he is far better than Holl. So I'm happy as a Marlies fan.

Probably just want him to get ice time. Even if there was an injury at LD, it probably just means Rielly comes back over to his natural side and Ozhiganov comes back in. Holl is not going to play really at all.

At least I hope Holl does not play. Ozhiganov is a far better number 7 than either at this point.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I always had hope for the guy. I hope he does well wherever he ends up. Hopefully the Marlies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
So puzzling he lasted this long in the NHL, I know Babcock likes him but still. The guy wasnt good enough for the 14-15 Oilers ffs. A dcore that consisted of Nikitin, Ference, Fayne, a rookie Klefbom and a bad Justin Schultz.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is the roster move caused by Muzzin, right?

Somewhat.

We didn't need to waive anybody until Tyler Ennis is ready to come back. We have been running 12 forwards, and are at home for the next week, so we aren't in need to carry an extra forward right now.

So, we eventually needed to move out a D because of Muzzin, but we had another week or two before Ennis is ready to come back before we needed to do it.

Reactions: Maukkis

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Cant handle the puck to save his life but his neutral zone play makes him a useful 7D. Someone should claim him, but i think he clears

Reactions: uncleben

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Watch Montreal go for him because Bergy sure loves his bottom feeder "reclamation projects"...

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
When Gardiner was off for two games, I thought Marincin played well. Hard to do since he hadn't played for weeks before that.
I always feel he got a bum rap because he poor cap in game 6 against the Capitals. He had played one game since January and to expect a guy to be up to NHL speed in playoff game in mid April...not realistic at all.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
When Gardiner was off for two games, I thought Marincin played well. Hard to do since he hadn't played for weeks before that.
I always feel he got a bum rap because he poor cap in game 6 against the Capitals. He had played one game since January and to expect a guy to be up to NHL speed in playoff game in mid April...not realistic at all.

I saw him in January and he looked decent. He's a bottom pairing dman for sure, but I actually think in the right system he's serviceable. Trouble is I don't know if there's a team that really needs a 6/7 guy at the moment.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I'd be happy if the Canucks took a chance on him. He's got to be better than Biega or Pouliott as a 7th D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad